R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The best Plug in Bundle for outstanding voice work  (Read 2561 times)

tusharprakash

• Real Full Name: Tushar Prakash
The best Plug in Bundle for outstanding voice work
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »

Hello All...

I know many have people talked about plug in bundles in previous threads...
But I need some plug in advice specific to dynamic and outstanding voice work on one hand, and a commercial small scale studio on the other hand.

A small brief about the project
I am currently working on a project which involves multiple voice work of aspiring actors. The voices will be of different nature, textures and octaves. The actors are upcoming but are known for their rich and diverse voices. The range of the voices range from female to male, shouts to whispers, all need to be mixed to retain their differences yet be equally strong.

I have invested much personal time on this dream project, by conducting research for the last few years on the quest for the most transparent signal chain possible. Thus I will be recording the project using a Brauner Phantom / Gefell M930, linking it to a Lavry black and a Lavry gold.

Apart from this project, to get my bread and butter going, I also have a tiny commercial set-up, which will be dealing with commercial voice overs, and occasional band recordings.

My requirements
Since all my money has gone into the hardware, I would like to save money get myself some basic plug ins or bundles so that I can start off with my dream project and commercial work.

I would like to purchase 2 sets of plug ins (One for the voice work dream project, and the other for commercial work).

My question
Plug in Bundle 1: For outstanding voice work
Please advice the best possible plug in bundles which can provide versatile tools for audio voice production. I have heard that products like Wave Vocal Suite or the izotope Nectar are great buys. Apart from the usual stuff I would also like to explore certain mastering bundles like the wave power suite, which gives you great audio spacing tools. I am also willing to learn about bundles that are not popular but work exceptionally well for voice.

Plug in Bundle 2: Economical, versatile and Value for money
To produce my commercial work I need a good and value for money bundle that deals with basic commercial voice work and basic music production. I have heard that products like Wave Arts & Renaissance are just that type. I am also willing to invest in companies that offer customized bundles and companies other than wave (soundtoys, UAD, Abbey Road etc.)

I do hope my detailed explanation of wants and needs helps you guys.

Looking forward to the various and diverse advices...

Regards
Tushar

Fletcher

Re: The best Plug in Bundle for outstanding voice work
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »

I'm guessing you're talking about compression plug-ins?  So far, I've not heard a compression plug in that is as good as even a small dollar hardware piece like the FMR Audio RNC or PBC-6A... but perhaps someone who isn't as much of a snot as me might have a recommendation.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

tusharprakash

• Real Full Name: Tushar Prakash
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »

Hi Fletcher...

thanks for the response...

i have an FMR compressor...

Something tht i havent experimented with....
But sounds very encouraging that i can work with it, and get better results than any plug in compressor...

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:53:39 AM »

I've never met a plug-in that could hold court with the RNC... then again, I absolutely have not tried them all [but the ones I've tried... so far - not good].

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

boogalaboogala

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 02:20:36 AM »

Steve Massey has a free trial of his CT4 at www.masseyplugins.com.  It uses precious little CPU and is a true sleeper.  Worth the priced of admission.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 18 queries.