R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 2012 Winter NAMM Show Report  (Read 2805 times)

MikeRivers

• Real Full Name: Mike Rivers
My 2012 Winter NAMM Show Report
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »

My complete show report is now posted. Grab it here.  Enjoy.
Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledege of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio
--John Watkinson

For a good time, call http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Fletcher

Re: My 2012 Winter NAMM Show Report
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »

Thanks Mike -- I would have skipped the cheap digital mixers in real life if I was there so I skipped them in your article... but having not been able to attend this year it was great to see the highlights.

Thanx!!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

jaykadis

• R/E/P Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »

Thanks for the excellent report, Mike.  That Mackie/iPad mixer does seem like a fitting descendant from the old D8B. 

MikeRivers

• Real Full Name: Mike Rivers
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »

Thanks Mike -- I would have skipped the cheap digital mixers in real life if I was there so I skipped them in your article... but having not been able to attend this year it was great to see the highlights.

Howdy, Stranger - Your absence was indeed noted. There were indeed some expensive digital mixers at the show - DigiCo and Midas for two, but they're live, not studio not-cheap digital mixers. That's not something I can really relate to so all I could do was report their presence.

You just don't see much in the way of digital studio consoles these days that are in the price range that someone interested in knowing what's new at NAMM could afford. I wish there was more there there but all of the console manufacturers that I've bugged over the last several years just don't see a studio console in the $5K-20K range, either analog or digital, as anything they can make money on. The Allen & Heath GS-R24 is about the only thing in that range that I'd care to try myself.
Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledege of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio
--John Watkinson

For a good time, call http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.