R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headphone Rack  (Read 2458 times)

chony

Headphone Rack
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »

I have about 15 pairs of headphones that I use for choir recordings, and it's a real pain in the neck to pack and unpack every time there's a recording. Can anyone suggest an easy storage method? I thought of using a double towel rack, but I'm looking for other ideas - preferably something that could be installed into a dedicated studio rack moveable unit.

Towel Rack: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Heritage-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-3-piece-Double-Towel-Bar-Set/5967252/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

Gregory Thompson

-Engineering for a living since 1994
-Currently freelancing for ABC Television (and that can change at a moment's notice)

Fletcher

Re: Headphone Rack
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »

I'm guessing that the cables for them getting tangled is your largest snag... how about getting little cloth bags to store them in - at the beginning of the sessions the talent grabs a bag of headphones - and you ask them to put the headphones back in the bag at the end of the gig... then you can transport them all in a box without worrying about the cables getting tangled.

Don't know if this helps at all... kinda grasping at straws.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

saint

• Producer/Engineer/Mixer
Re: Headphone Rack
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

The cheapest solution I know is to use a Mic Stand! Simply put the mic arm horizontal (parallel to the ground), tighten, & hang you headphones on that! It has wheels if you mic stand does. It does double duty when the cans are in use. When you're not recording it goes back to headphone duty!
Blue Skies!  Saint
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 24 queries.