R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PYE Compressor problem  (Read 3495 times)

fractured

• Real Full Name: Andy Bernbaum
PYE Compressor problem
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:29:09 AM »

Hi. I recently acquired a PYE stereo compressor. For 15 minutes it was heaven. It is now in shop and I am not even sure of model number.  It has expander on each channel. I believe there was only one version like that. I do not want to sell it. I am worried that they may not be able to repair it locally. I have not seen too many good schematics or info on techs in forums. If anyone knows a competent technician or technical firm that can repair and restore this gem would be really helpful.
Thanks
Andy
Fractured
mastering and restoration

marcuswilson

• Real Full Name: Marcus Wilson
Re: PYE Compressor problem
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

Hi. I recently acquired a PYE stereo compressor. For 15 minutes it was heaven. It is now in shop and I am not even sure of model number.  It has expander on each channel. I believe there was only one version like that. I do not want to sell it. I am worried that they may not be able to repair it locally. I have not seen too many good schematics or info on techs in forums. If anyone knows a competent technician or technical firm that can repair and restore this gem would be really helpful.
Thanks
Andy
Fractured
mastering and restoration

I am an expert on certain Pye limiters and do have some info (all on paper at this stage).

Do you have a model number or a picture?  I may be able to help.
Where are you?
rgds, M.

Sound engineer and skilled electronic technician.
Owned a regional sound company for 30 years.
Now work for Harman importers in New Zealand.
www.jands.co.nz
Do a bit of mastering and hire out some microphones.
www.marcuswilson.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.