R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SM23 part source question  (Read 2301 times)

fifthcircle

• Real Full Name: Benjamin Maas
SM23 part source question
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »

Long story, but I'm currently helping deal with a rather messy estate/legal situation by selling some of a colleague's gear.  One of the microphones that will be sold off is a Neumann SM-23 that is in pretty fantastic condition.  The catch, however, is that there is no cable and no power supply as they have somehow been misplaced in this mess...  I may still find them, but in case I cannot, where are people sourcing those parts these days?  It has been quite awhile since I've had to deal with vintage mics and  I would like to deal with the mic as a set- not just a portion of a rig.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Ben
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio
Long Beach, CA

klaus

Re: SM23 part source question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:26:07 PM »

Ben,
The cable is still (actually again) available from Neumann. But it's expensive.
No original Neumann tube mic supplies are made anymore, save for the ones used in the company's hybrids, M147, M149, etc.

But there are a couple of first rate power supply manufacturers around which can provide first rate, clean, filtered and stable DC output. (I won't mention names because I am affiliated with one of them.)

You will need to provide the 12-pin female chassis-mount Tuchel connector, though. Again, no biggie: on German eBay, you can get them at reasonable prices.

Best of luck,
KH
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.