R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carvin MX2488  (Read 4572 times)

franman

• Real Full Name: Francis Manzella
Carvin MX2488
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »

Hy Guys, I have a friend who just was given an old Carvin MX2488 mixer. He'd like to get it up and running, but it came without the PSU.. I've been able to surmise that it needs +'-15V and 48V for Phantom. There are TWO 3-Pin (Yes, standard 3-pin) XLR connectors on the back of the console, one male one female, labeled Power Supply. I'm trying to get a pin out on these connectors for the PSU connections. I can't seem to find this info.. Anybody have anything on this unit?? I know in the previous forum there was a thread on this and I've looked it over, but there is no mention of the actual pinout on the XLRs. If I had the PSU I could figure it out.. thanks in advance.

FM
Francis Manzella
President - FM Design Ltd www.fmdesign.com
Managing Director - Griffin Audio USA www.griffinaudiousa.com

Bruno Putzeys

• A contrarian for no reason at all.
Re: Carvin MX2488
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:19:53 AM »

It seems to me that the quickest way to find out is to open the box. If it isn't already marked on the circuit board, trace a few connections to known parts (e.g. op amps) with a continuity tester. Unless there is local regulation on board, you can quickly identify the GND and +/-15V connections.
Some pointers. All 8-pin op amps (single and dual) have the negative supply on pin 4. Singles (5534, TL071 etc) have the positive supply on pin 7, duals (5532, TL072...) have the positive supply on pin 8.
Not necessarily expressing the opinion of www.grimmaudio.com or www.hypex.nl

John Roberts {JR}

• Real Full Name: John Roberts
  • 10,000+
Re: Carvin MX2488
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:07:24 AM »

Circular Science     http://RESOTUNE.COM

"tune it or don't play it..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.