R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you listen to my mix?  (Read 2577 times)

Miguel Angel Castro Rios

Would you listen to my mix?
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:12 AM »

Well I have some experience in live audio situations. But I have next to nothing in the Recording world.

I bought an Audio interface and it came with a program called Studio One Artist.

Studio One comes with a few demos in order to help me better understand the program.

So I used the tracks, mixed the song and attempted to master it my self.

So here is the link. I uploaded it to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuM9r2TbmM

Please let me know what you think.

Fletcher

Re: Would you listen to my mix?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »

It really doesn't matter what anyone here thinks... it matters what you think.  How does it sound to you?  Do you think you nailed the point of the song?  Do you think you brought out the feel? ...the emotion?  If you feel like you did then its good... if you're not sure if you did - keep at it until the presentation moves you.

Sorry to seem evasive... but I'm not on the production and therefore feel absolutely unqualified to comment.  I will listen to the song as a listener, as the audience... I don't know the tracks, I'm not involved in any part of the process... but you're involved in the process so your opinion is valid... where mine would not be.

Make sense?

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Miguel Angel Castro Rios

Re: Would you listen to my mix?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »

Makes sense! Thanks man!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 23 queries.