R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cd error check  (Read 8364 times)

Oldfart57

• Real Full Name: Denis Paquette
Cd error check
« on: November 10, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »

Hello,
   for the Windows 7 users out there, what is THE "cd error check software" getting it done for you?

Thank you in adavance for your reply,

Denis 

Allen Corneau

• Real Full Name: Allen Corneau
Re: Cd error check
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »

PlexTools Professional with an appropriate Plextor drive, perhaps?
Allen
=====
Allen Corneau Mastering
http://allencorneau.com/

jamesp

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:49 AM »

If you don't have an appropriate Plextor drive then Erik Deppe's Opti Drive Control is probably the next best thing.

James.
James Perrett - JRP Music
http://www.jrpmusic.net

Oldfart57

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »

PlexTools Professional with an appropriate Plextor drive, perhaps?

Just put in a new "Premium" (purchased before they weren't available anymore) in my new DAW, but was told by various people that the lastest version of Plextools isn't compatible with Windows 7.

I was hoping someone here had already experience this situation and share their solution of how they've dealt with it.

If that doesn't happen, I'll guess I'll try to communicate with Plextor, and see what they have to say.

Denis

Oldfart57

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:24:37 PM »

Just put in a new "Premium" (purchased before they weren't available anymore) in my new DAW, but was told by various people that the lastest version of Plextools isn't compatible with Windows 7.

I was hoping someone here had already experience this situation and share their solution of how they've dealt with it.

If that doesn't happen, I'll guess I'll try to communicate with Plextor, and see what they have to say.

Denis

So Plextools or nothing else for everyone here?

John Moran

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:42:58 PM »

Just installed a new Plextor (LS890? i forget off the top of my head) drive with PlexUtilities into my crate replacing a used up ASUS drive that was doing LightScribe duties.  I also have PlexTools and a classic Plextor drive (760?) on an external buss. I am finishing up my move into the new room and when time permits I'm going to run some tests on both using the same media and post comparative results.

The only complaint I have heard about PlexUtilities is that it may be less consistent in results than PlexTools, that from jdg in another thread posted recently on this board.  I'll know soon if that applies to my setup or not. However, the current PlexUtilities and modern Plextor drives (which are Philips who is also the OEM for Lite-On) are readily available saving much searching for antiques. Fry's had it in stock for cheap and a couple of tests of the PlexUtilities ran BLER, Jitter and some other test successfully.

Chris McC

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:48:40 AM »

So Plextools or nothing else for everyone here?

Hi Denis,
I am using Plextools Pro XL 3.16 with a 716sa and Windows 7 (64 bit) - no issues at all  :)

Oldfart57

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »

Hi Denis,
I am using Plextools Pro XL 3.16 with a 716sa and Windows 7 (64 bit) - no issues at all  :)

Great to hear Chris. Thanks

OTR Mastering

• OTR Mastering
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:42:46 PM »

Hi Denis,
Where did you get your copy of PTP XL 3.16...?
JL
OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
shoutlife.com/OTRMastering

Chris McC

OTR Mastering

• OTR Mastering
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

JL
OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
shoutlife.com/OTRMastering

Treelady

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »

Cauliflower Audio was selling some real-world Clover systems... you could PM him.

Allen Corneau

• Real Full Name: Allen Corneau
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »

Just got in a used PX-716UF (external USB and Firewire) and tried running it through it's paces to make sure everything is working. I'm not sure if it's just me or if something is wonky...

Set up is: MacBook Pro, Windows 7 Pro (32-bit) via Bootcamp, Sadie 6, Plextools XL Pro (3.16?).

First off, it only seems to work via USB. There is a switch in the back to select between USB and FW but no matter what position it's in the FW side doesn't work and the USB does. (?)

Sadie will burn to the drive and will extract PQ information from a disc but I can't import any CD tracks from it as it doesn't show up as a valid source drive.

Plextools is finicky about what discs it will read; most red-book CD's are fine, CD-R's are hit or miss, although it's not consistent for any given disc.

Other programs like EAC and CD Burner XP seem to see it just fine but I haven't tried them out too much as they are rarely used.

I'm going to do more testing today to see if I can figure out what is going on. Anyone else find the same kind of issues I'm running into?
Allen
=====
Allen Corneau Mastering
http://allencorneau.com/

Red Mastering

• Real Full Name: Filip Pietrzykowski
  • online mastering studio
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »

that's one of the reasons I don't trust usb standard when working...
fw - in most cases - no issues, but usb likes to have some drop outs or driver/controller inconsistency
I know usb is handy, but I have issues with external drive, plugged it via ide/sata - works no problem, although I am PC guy ...

Jerry Tubb

• Real Full Name: Jerry Tubb
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »

I'm going to do more testing today to see if I can figure out what is going on. Anyone else find the same kind of issues I'm running into?

Hey Allen,

you might need to update the firmware to the last build, which I believe is v1.11.

http://www.plextoramericas.com/index.php/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=55&task=viewcategory&catid=40

If the enclosure is being finicky, you can always open it up, remove the drive and install it in something else.

JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 25 years of Mastering!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.