R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexicon 300L Problem  (Read 4594 times)

CelebrationSound

Lexicon 300L Problem
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »

My Lex 300L is only passing the input signal, it's not outputting reverb. This sweetie has always worked just fine and I haven't touched any weird settings, I just turned it on at the beginning of a session.

I've gone the ALL the control modes. I've even purged it back to the factory settings with no change. When I change the input from digital to analog, it does make a momentary pop that gets reverb added to it before it's finished switching modes, and of course goes back to just passing the input signal. It passes the input using either the analog or digital input. Everything on the LARC works fine.

It sure seems like it is something simple. (Easy for me to say ;>)

I found this here from a few years back:

"You may want to try resetting the unit. To do this you will need to remove the EEPROM at board location U21 from it’s socket and short all of the pins to ground then re-insert the EEPROM (with the correct polarity) and start the M300L."

I'll have my tech try this. Are there any other suggestions?

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com

CelebrationSound

Re: Lexicon 300L Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »

I shorted the EEPROM and back came the reverb! My thanks to this forum as I'm about to start mixing for days.

It sure looks like my problem was caused the same way as the post on this subject here years back: I fed the 300L a 96K digital signal. Take note - that's a no no.

I did have a question. While testing with the top off, I noticed inside the 300L had one of 2 LED's in the lower right hand corner (near U53) cycling 0-9 then A-F. (The other LED was off.) Anyone know what this is doing? Am curious.

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.