R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Round trip latency tester for mac  (Read 5182 times)

luis Markson

Round trip latency tester for mac
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:36:01 AM »

Does anyone know of a round trip latency tester for mac?

Ryan G

• Real Full Name: Ryan Griffin
Re: Round trip latency tester for mac
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »

Your DAW.  Print a Sine wave to a track. Patch the output through whatever gear/Cue system/junk you want to test and print it to a new track on another input.  Switch your main counter to samples, zoom in and select the space between two equal parts of the waveform. PT will tell you the amount you have selected....viola.  By that I mean the stringed instrument.  Of course when doing this make sure you have any delay compensation turned off and the buffer is set correctly for where you will be working.  It sounds more complicated that it actually is, it should go pretty quick after you get the hang.  On a side note, if you are using PT you can set the latency offset for conversion.  In my case I have different things I use on input and output, so I have two different I/O setups stored so I can just switch between them easily.  Make sense?

luis Markson

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »

Your DAW.  Print a Sine wave to a track. Patch the output through whatever gear/Cue system/junk you want to test and print it to a new track on another input.  Switch your main counter to samples, zoom in and select the space between two equal parts of the waveform. PT will tell you the amount you have selected....viola.  By that I mean the stringed instrument.  Of course when doing this make sure you have any delay compensation turned off and the buffer is set correctly for where you will be working.  It sounds more complicated that it actually is, it should go pretty quick after you get the hang.  On a side note, if you are using PT you can set the latency offset for conversion.  In my case I have different things I use on input and output, so I have two different I/O setups stored so I can just switch between them easily.  Make sense?

Certainlyy does. Shoulda figured out that one myself.... Thanks!

Ryan G

• Real Full Name: Ryan Griffin
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »

Most welcome, glad my rambling made sense to you.

Mojave

• Real Full Name: Victor Mason
  • From the Oasis of tone
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »

I wrote about this on the Lynx Studio Forum.

Here's a step by step with images. I'm using Logic but it's the same for any DAW.

http://www.lynxstudio.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3751
Victor Mason
Mojave™ Ampworks LLC.
The Plexi Palace
Vintage Amps Message Forum
Tele: 760 515 2578
e-mail:[email protected]
P.O. Box 1089
Apple Valley, California 92307

Maker of the Dirty Boy Amp. The Studio Secret Weapon for guitarists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.