R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philips 60s/70s consoles/modules  (Read 5444 times)

Julien Asencio

• Real Full Name: Kidbill
Philips 60s/70s consoles/modules
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »

Hi, I have some Philips modules and wonder if someone already seen these?
Thank U!

Jim Williams

Re: Philips 60s/70s consoles/modules
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:23:25 AM »

Looks like similar stuff to that other module. Metal can BC109's probably. Use Renesas 2SC2545 or Toshiba 2SC3329BL. Change those el caps, use Panasonic FR series with teflon on the leads as they are radial. Bypass with Wima MKP-2 .01 uf polyprop caps. Change resistors to Dale CMF55 or CMF60's. Use Wima MKP/FKP polyprop caps in the EQ for any frequency above 1k hz. Stock mylars are ok for frequencies below that.

chucklesmcfarland

• Real Full Name: Michael McBane
  • Makin' noise
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:55 PM »

Wow, gnarly dude!

What desk are these out of?

Bruno Putzeys

• A contrarian for no reason at all.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 02:56:51 AM »

Umm, yes,  I have seen those in the past.
Not necessarily expressing the opinion of www.grimmaudio.com or www.hypex.nl

klett

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »

Those are from the era of the MD series consoles - they used common building block subassemblies so you'll see that EQ in several console variants with similar looking modules and controls...  the EQ's and amplifiers sound pretty good.  The electrolytic caps may need to be changed out...  need being defined by either not making original performance spec so you NEED to replace parts, or by just wanting better performance in which case it's a choice rather than a need...  as far as changing out film caps, resistors, amplifiers and so on - unless they are failed or broken all that is optional.  I have some docs for these consoles at...

http://technicalaudio.com/pdf/Philips/

I do not repackage or service these much any more...  partly because I have other things to do and partly because "I charge too much"  whatever that means...  as in "I don't know how many real people you deal with but no one will pay that much for..."  or "I'm not Mutt Lange so what do you charge normal people" ... it's pretty funny...  and sad... but my plumber charges me more than my rate and I don't make those kind of statements to him...  so anyway - go to the link, there are some docs that might be close, find a tech and have fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.