R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would be good website host for my mastering site?  (Read 4509 times)

Thomas W. Bethel

Who would be good website host for my mastering site?
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »

We are getting ready to put up a new website with FTP capabilities and I was wondering what other people on this list are using for their website host? Our current provider says he cannot host a site with the dynamic content our web designer is planning to use.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. I did find some old postings on this subject but wondered if things in the "web world" have changed or if there are some better suggestions??? Thanks again!!!
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

lowland

Re: Who would be good website host for my mastering site?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:17:50 AM »

Hi Tom,

Mine is doteasy.com

N
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
Essex, UK
www.lowlandmasters.com

Tim Boyce

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »

I use Blue host.

http://www.bluehost.com/track/thesound

Located in Utah, good tech support, (I call at all hours .. always talk to an American .. last time I got into a convo with the guy about JBL speakers) ..  Good uptime. Supports ruby on rails, PHP, Perl, blah blah blah ... I also really like that they will give you SSH access to your box (shared).

Works for me, but I basically just use it for hosting. Not any backend checkout processing. oh yea, and they have an awesome affiliate program Wink  $60 payout .. and a year of hosting only costs $100.

Hope you find the solution that works for you. Let us know when the new site goes live! Smile

MASSIVE Mastering

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »

Another happy Blue Host customer.  Everything you need plus a whole bunch of stuff that you might find handy.

Dedicated IP, SSL for the online file management system, unlimited sites, still reasonable pricing.  And of course, the great and totally understandable tech support peeps.
John Scrip
Massive Mastering - Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.), IL - USA

bblackwood

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:40:35 PM »

Another satisfied Bluehost user here.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

biigniick

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »

+1 for bluehost
+1 for their tech support (i've always been able to talk to someone and not been on hold for long)

although, i administer a in house server that runs 'dynamic content' and an FTP server for clients to send us stuff, so i don't know how it would handle that.  i've not had any problems.

my website (with 9 other domains i help manage) on one account.  only have ever had 1 problem / strike problem, replace downtime / when they were down for 4hrs for upgrading a serverfarm

the Terra Nova website is also on bluehost, and so is another business that the owner runs.

i can't recommend them enough.

- nick

Andrew Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »

Hi Thomas,
  I use Dreamhost.   It's easy to set up password protected directories and, with a .cgi script, you can create your own FTP upload page.   PM me for details.  

Just as an example of what I put together on my own (I'm not a web designer - just wanted something that works...)

http://www.serifsound.com/web/uploads/uploads.htm

[username = double     ;       password = checked]

The price is cheap.   You can pay one month at a time, using PayPal.   Tech Support is fast and good.  

Andrew
www.serifsound.com
premastering for CD and DVD-A.  Featuring FTP load in and delivery as well as analog tape transfers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.