R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone used the FLEA U47?  (Read 15861 times)

Bubba#$%Kron

Has anyone used the FLEA U47?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:55:11 PM »

I finally want a "REALLY" good mic.   Are these gonna be worth the $4-5 thousand dollar price tag??

I want a CS-4, but the wait seems too long, I really want a telefunken- but cant afford that.  Is this my best solution for quality??

Is there a better solution for something with a Thierch M7

Thanks
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Nick Sevilla

Re: Has anyone used the FLEA U47?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 03:06:05 AM »

I would get the CS-4... even with the long wait.

Disclaimer:

I have owned and / or used stock U47's, Flea 47's, Blue modded 47s, Peluso 47's.

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 03:20:21 AM »

Thanks!!  Much appreciated!!
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Plush

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »

YOu ask a good question.

I am using the FLEA 47 and the FLEA 49. Both are very good mics and have 95% of the essential sound of the imitated models.

FLEA sent me a FLEA 47 with a UF12 tube and their own capsule. The combination is sounding outstanding and it is useable interchangeably with a real Neumann U47.

Both models that you ask about sound different from a C12 like mic. The CS-4 is certainly having a family sound. YOu may want that but if you want the 47 sound then FLEA is a good choice.

My FLEA 49 sounds the same as my real Neumann M49.

Delivery time was less than one month from FLEA. I ordered directly on their website where they have some specials now on the mics you are asking about.

with thanks,
Plush
Hudson Fair
Atelier HudSonic, Chicago

http://www.myspace.com/hudsonek

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 03:11:53 AM »

Thanks for the info fellas!!  But I realized all those mics are out of my price range.  My eyes are  bigger than my wallet.  I'm gonna get a Wunder CM7 GT, cant go wrong with that !!!  Anyone have anything bad to say about the Wunder CM7 GT??

Cheers

Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:32 AM »

You should probably try to get a few different mics into your environment and give them all a "test drive".  Trying to make a decision on reputation alone is a fool's game at best and a disservice to the music at worst.

I'm not giving you suggestions on what [or what not] to purchase, just saying that what I've seen so far is a flawed methodology in the decision process.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

RKrizman

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:04:54 AM »

Bubba#$%Kron wrote on Wed, 16 February 2011 03:11

Thanks for the info fellas!!  But I realized all those mics are out of my price range.  My eyes are  bigger than my wallet.  I'm gonna get a Wunder CM7 GT, cant go wrong with that !!!  Anyone have anything bad to say about the Wunder CM7 GT??

Cheers

Well I spent 6 months trying various high end mics and had a Wunder CM7GT here, and actually didn't care for it.  Bright and modern sounding but didn't have the U47 depth that I found in the Flea 47, which I ended up with.

You should try a bunch of them and train your ears to hear the differences, then decide what best suits your particular needs.

-R

gslaw

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 01:37:15 AM »

Well I have a Wunder CM7 GT and I will tell you absolutely if you’re thinking of getting one make sure you try out several. I live in Austin where the mic is made so it’s a bit easier. The sound varied quite a bit I found and I didn’t much care for any of them with the KK47 capsule. You can request the capsule from the more expensive CM7 which I found far superior. Like everyone says you just have to try it for yourself...
George Reiff
The Finishing School-Austin, Tx

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »

I ended getting a BeesNeez T1.  I'm really excited about it!!     Does anyone think I should put a Blue line Thiersh M7 capsule in there??  Or just leave it alone??

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.