R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bubba Kron has lead me to the promised land.  (Read 7980 times)

breathe

Bubba Kron has lead me to the promised land.
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:24:52 AM »

They are the B&W 802 speakers.  This is the first really fucking great speakers I've had connected to my home stereo.  I feel I now need a really good graphic equalizer to tune them, the bass is a little out of control and can't be corrected on the 2 band EQ on my 70's discrete receiver.  I've been told to do these speakers justice I need a Krell or Bryston amp, 250+ w/ch.  But then I'd also have to get a nice preamp, and I really love my receiver, which doesn't seem strapped for power for these speakers.  Anyone know of an RCA/unbalanced graphic EQ I should check out?  I just bought a Yamaha "Natural Sound" graphic EQ off eBay which will likely disappoint me.

Listening to music like this, like 70% of my record collection now sounds like shit, but the remaining 30%... wow.

Nicholas

Dale Francis

Re: Bubba Kron has lead me to the promised land.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:12 AM »

they bass is out of control because the amp can not do the job and the room needs tuning.   your cure is crap and will not work!!!  
Dale Francis
practicing the art of listening

Dominick

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

EQ on monitors is foo
Fix your room
Dominick Costanzo

Jim Williams

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »

Buy some good headphones and call it a day.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

J.J. Blair

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:07:54 PM »

You're using the wrong speaker cables, and you have to lift them off the floor.  That will fix the problem.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Bill_Urick

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »

I've heard one should never EQ monitor speakers.

Unless it's necessary.

I've also heard of some professionally designed control rooms with EQ's on the mains.

Even seen a couple.

What does this mean?

The Yamaha might not disappoint.

You should evaluate it yourself and see.
They usually make decent gear.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »

Twenty years from now...

A child born from Bubba Kron's and breathe's loins shall come here and wreck hell in this forum.

I hopefully shall be dead by then.
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 12:50:49 AM »

Sweet man, I'm glad you like em!!!
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 12:52:09 AM »

Gee Nick , you really know how to show how much of a Un-funny Tool that you can be!!!  
Nick Sevilla wrote on Wed, 09 February 2011 17:16

Twenty years from now...

A child born from Bubba Kron's and breathe's loins shall come here and wreck hell in this forum.

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:07:45 AM »

Bubba#$%Kron wrote on Wed, 09 February 2011 21:52

Gee Nick , you really know how to show how much of a Un-funny Tool that you can be!!!  
Nick Sevilla wrote on Wed, 09 February 2011 17:16

Twenty years from now...

Man, if you can't take a joke... even a gay one like this one...
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

Fletcher

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »

Hey guys - get this shit out of your system now because when we move over to the other software in a coupla weeks its going to be seriously verboten.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

David Bock

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »

try putting a couch, or other acoustic treatment in the room.

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »

That is the problem , they do make good recordings sound good but show the flaws of bad ones- its a good problem me thinks.  I hated John Mayer until I bought these speakers and was running short on well produced shit to play through them.  If you high pass them and throw some subs next to them , then you can really crank them.  But they require lots of room treatment because they are soooo crazy rad!!!!    I use a crown amp which is fine, and I dont think 5 grand worth of bryston amps is gonna make that much of a difference.

I got a meyer cp-10 off ebay for cheap, if you just type "parametric eq" into ebay , you will be surprised at how many cool sleeper units pop up!!   The real joy is the mids and the highs, get two velodyne subs, even the cheap ones and it will be magic!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.