R/E/P > Fletcher

Bubba Kron has lead me to the promised land.

(1/3) > >>

breathe:
They are the B&W 802 speakers.  This is the first really fucking great speakers I've had connected to my home stereo.  I feel I now need a really good graphic equalizer to tune them, the bass is a little out of control and can't be corrected on the 2 band EQ on my 70's discrete receiver.  I've been told to do these speakers justice I need a Krell or Bryston amp, 250+ w/ch.  But then I'd also have to get a nice preamp, and I really love my receiver, which doesn't seem strapped for power for these speakers.  Anyone know of an RCA/unbalanced graphic EQ I should check out?  I just bought a Yamaha "Natural Sound" graphic EQ off eBay which will likely disappoint me.

Listening to music like this, like 70% of my record collection now sounds like shit, but the remaining 30%... wow.

Nicholas




Dale Francis:
they bass is out of control because the amp can not do the job and the room needs tuning.   your cure is crap and will not work!!!  

Dominick:
EQ on monitors is foo
Fix your room

Jim Williams:
Buy some good headphones and call it a day.

J.J. Blair:
You're using the wrong speaker cables, and you have to lift them off the floor.  That will fix the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version