Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1073  (Read 20828 times)

Carnac

Re: 1073
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2004, 02:30:02 PM »

Now, from this point we can handle this one of two ways:

Dallas, your hardly in the drivers seat here. Forget the test, it'll never happen. Send the man a couple of units to try out for a month and see what comes of it. Your concerns will be remedied once and for all. Maybe you can score a Googly Moogly t-shirt out of it as well.
Sorry for butting in.
Cory

malice

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2004, 03:43:46 PM »

Carnac wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 20:30

Now, from this point we can handle this one of two ways:

Dallas, your hardly in the drivers seat here. Forget the test, it'll never happen. Send the man a couple of units to try out for a month and see what comes of it. Your concerns will be remedied once and for all. Maybe you can score a Googly Moogly t-shirt out of it as well.
Sorry for butting in.

If Aardvark is proposing the test, I can garantee you he is very serious about it.

why not try this ?

malice

Aardvark

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2004, 08:32:12 PM »

184c wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 14:27

Hello Aardvark,

Thank you for the invitation, but we (I) attempted to set this test up so that we could evaluate two vitange Neves, two AMS Neves and one X73i in one channel vs one channel at a time tests.
Fletcher believes (and could be correct) that he could only hear a major difference if we do these tests eight tracks at a time.

Dallas Upton

Vintech

The tests he and you propose are obtuse and not very scientific. I offer a chance for both of you to listen to 4 pre's and decide which ones you like. Simple. If Fletcher or you can pick 'em swell...but I suggest you just listen for yourself and he for himself. If one cannot hear a discern-able difference on a one to one basis who cares about the cumulative" effect?? As somebody who has many thousand of hours recording and mixing with 1073's I can assure you that TOO MUCH Neve can muddy up a mix anyway as can too much of certain other devices. Let us cut to the chase. A verifiable and accurate scientific test that favours neither of you. You hear it you like it and you have no idea what each is.

Please take a moment to reconsider my offer. I can pm you if you want to talk on the phone...same with Fletcher.

Cheers,
Aardvark

"Dude, it's all about the guy in the red shirt, that's the secret to mixing."

Loudist

184c

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2004, 09:49:31 PM »

Hello Aardvark,

I wouldn't have a problem doing the tests you spoke about, but it really needs to be strictly about picking the X73 out of the lineup of Neve / AMS Neve modules. I pm'd you my contact info so that we can discuss it.

Thanks,
Dallas Upton
Vintech Audio

Fletcher

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2004, 07:17:37 AM »

184c wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 21:49

I wouldn't have a problem doing the tests you spoke about, but it really needs to be strictly about picking the X73 out of the lineup of Neve / AMS Neve modules. I pm'd you my contact info so that we can discuss it.

English translation:  It's all about promoting Vintech...

This thread is done.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 18 queries.