R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If any lives in Texas, this is the deal of the century!!  (Read 10539 times)

Bubba#$%Kron

If any lives in Texas, this is the deal of the century!!
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:58:28 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-W-Series-80-802s-Great-Shape-Bowers-Wi lkins-/130479852593?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1 e61348c31#ht_1277wt_883

Wow!!!  Nicolas or anyone, you should grab those fast!!

cheers
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Fletcher

Re: If any lives in Texas, this is the deal of the century!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »

Almost makes me wish I lived in Texas - though at that price I would go pick them up... the "PayPal only" thing would make me nervous that this could be some kind of a scam [the price is just too low - it sends up "red flags" to my twisted and untrusting reality].
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

breathe

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »

Thanks for the tip Bubba.  I'll report back later if it was a scam.  Hope I can cram these babies into my Toyota Rav4.

Nicholas

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »

I have the same pair here, they are incredible.  I put two velodyne 12 subs next to them, and I even put a 18" sub in the middle too.  I high pass/eq the B&W's with a meyer cp-10.  The whole rig sounds unreal.  They sound soo good, but are a bit tiring on the ears, so having some other speakers just for basic monitoring is a good idea sometimes.

They suck up the power so a strong amp is good.  I actually just use a crown amp and I over shot the power size so I keep the Crown amp very neutral.  It sounds very good and although not some bryston boutique amp- it gets the job done with no added sweetness.

Dont do what I did and get so into them you stop working on other stuff.

I blew a tweeter and it was only $130 from B&W to re-skin it and they did it in a weeks time!! It was cool!!

here is a pic from the EMI console for sale on Vintage king, it was from the wall mixing session in france!!!

index.php/fa/16224/0/

cheers
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Wireline

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »

Quote:

I have the same pair here, they are incredible. I put two velodyne 12 subs next to them, and I even put a 18" sub in the middle too. I high pass/eq the B&W's with a meyer cp-10.  

Man = that's quite a set up...

Can you post a pic of that?  I'd love to see how all the pieces fit together.
Ken Morgan
Wireline Studio
Midland, Texas
www.wirelinestudio.com

Barkley McKay

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »

Hey Bubba,

just for accuracy, the picture was taken at Abbey Road during mixing of the soundtrack for the film The Wall.

cheers

barks

Tim Boyce

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »

Pretty sweet! ... but that is kinda the going rate for those speakers .. . . (although on the low-side).

I got some 802 S3's (from 1995) w/ Sound Anchors for $1200 earlier this year. (on Audiogon, they had been there for a few weeks).

the 802's-80's are from about 1987 .. although this particular pair of speakers has a BEAUTIFUL wood grain! Sure are snaaazy. Smile

I love seeing old pictures of Abby Road with these speakers. Where else where they used? anyone else have a nice collection of these pics?

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »

I just saw this post, for sure I will. Ive been looking for an excuse to show some pics of studio around here!!Smile

Wireline wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 06:37

Quote:

I have the same pair here, they are incredible. I put two velodyne 12 subs next to them, and I even put a 18" sub in the middle too. I high pass/eq the B&W's with a meyer cp-10.  

Man = that's quite a set up...

Can you post a pic of that?  I'd love to see how all the pieces fit together.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 17 queries.