R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 80s pop divas star in syfy movie  (Read 4819 times)

feedback loop

80s pop divas star in syfy movie
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »

If you have been longing to see Tiffany and Debbie Gibson again, have I got exciting news for you. This Saturday, the SyFy Network will be host to the world premier of Mega Python vs. Gatoroid; a thrilling movie starring Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. It's sure to be a classic. Rolling Eyes

ssltech

Re: 80s pop divas star in syfy movie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »

Say what you like, Deborah is a completely lovely person. She wrote her own stuff, produced it, and got off the pop roundabout before it got crazy. -She's always done things for highly laudable reasons.

I always liked her. -When she stuck her head in the control room one day while I had my legs sticking out from beneath the center section of a 9K, I realised who it was and crawled out from under the console, just so that I could drop to my knees "Wayne's World"-style, and chant "I'm not worthy!"

-She was amused, and we chatted briefly; -I've been fortunate enough to meet or work with several 'stars' over the years, and several of them have been less than wonderful... -But not Deborah.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/SSLtech/Keith_and_Deborah.jpg

She's one of the nicest people you could imagine.

Tiffany might be similar for all I know; -but I never particularly enjoyed her singing, and I don't think that she was as impressively creative as Deborah, but now I suppose they get to decide it all in a knock-down-drag-out cage match in a galaxy far, far away.

Fair play to both of them for having a great sense of humor, -but it just reminds me of how indescribably pleasant Deborah is.

-Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

jrmintz

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »

I'm with Keith - I've also worked with Deborah and she is indeed a lovely person and a great singer.

index.php/fa/16182/0/

Chris Parker, Deborah, and Peter Calo at a show we did together.

Tim Halligan

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »

I've not met either of them, but the fact that they are working at all in this economic climate is good news.

Cheers,
Tim
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters

arconaut

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »

Keith, is that steam coming out of your collar? Smile
You Are Number Six

mcmike

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »

At one NAB Show I was at, I was staying at the Las Vegas Hilton, and Tiffany was playing in the lounge. It was a nice way to relax after the show and she really worked the crowd. A couple of days later, a new act performed. I liked the Turtles a lot better.

Mike McRoberts

ssltech

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »

Some clips... The second one has the start of the catfght...

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/monsters-of-pop-debbie-gibson-and-t iffany-face-off-in-mega-python-vs-gatoroid--2192

Twisted Evil
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.