R/E/P > R/E/P Saloon

Time to expand the set list

<< < (3/3)

Nick Sevilla:
bigaudioblowhard wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 18:13
where'd they get those guns?

\bab

American and European gun dealers...

If you ever go to a big gun show here in the States, you can find out it is very easy to circumvent any laws to buy what gun you need.

DarinK:
Berolzheimer wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 23:56
Bubba#$%Kron wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 20:31
Whats wrong with illegal drugs?? It seems the crazy laws here are the real problem!!

I have to agree.  The black market is the problem, not the drugs.  If they were legal & regulated the black market problem would go away.

Absolutely.

BUT until the "crazy laws" are corrected, the use of illegal drugs is the cause of tremendous amounts of violence (primarily in Mexico & South America, but also in the U.S.) and environmental destruction (in many far Northern California national forests, and other places).

I don't use any drugs (really) but apparently it's easy for folks to grow their own small amounts for personal use, if desired.  Back in the 70's an uncle of mine had a small plant in his back yard just for the heck of it; he always said he actually preferred a good cigar.

In any case, I do believe people should be able to do what they want if they're not hurting others. It's good to have an awareness of the consequences of your choices.

Bubba#$%Kron:
So you avoid anything that has to do with the USA(even this forum) because of the 100,000 civillian deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq ??

Thats a bit of a stretch.    I think it has more to do with the latin countries being too into having fun and making good food, they just dont have the control freak Euro attitude of keeping everything in line and working really hard at it.  They are responsible for policing their own countries, you can not make this giant stupid connection of a person doing a line of blow at a party, and a murder happening half way around the world.     Why are'nt you guys lobbying Obama to send troops down there?

And the Parts in your musical gear are never made at sweat shops??

Are you guys commys??

Who says anyone is dying in the countries it originates?  How many families would be in poverty if not employed on coca farms?

Your gonna let a Human man tell you what you can take from your own earth??

Have you guys ever done LSD and listened to music??  WTF??

cheers

DarinK wrote on Fri, 11 February 2011 15:48
Berolzheimer wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 23:56
Bubba#$%Kron wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 20:31
Whats wrong with illegal drugs?? It seems the crazy laws here are the real problem!!

I have to agree.  The black market is the problem, not the drugs.  If they were legal & regulated the black market problem would go away.

Absolutely.

BUT until the "crazy laws" are corrected, the use of illegal drugs is the cause of tremendous amounts of violence (primarily in Mexico & South America, but also in the U.S.) and environmental destruction (in many far Northern California national forests, and other places).

I don't use any drugs (really) but apparently it's easy for folks to grow their own small amounts for personal use, if desired.  Back in the 70's an uncle of mine had a small plant in his back yard just for the heck of it; he always said he actually preferred a good cigar.

In any case, I do believe people should be able to do what they want if they're not hurting others. It's good to have an awareness of the consequences of your choices.

DarinK:
No one is perfect.  I'm certainly not.  Of course my actions, consumer dollars, and tax dollars support lots of things I dislike. That's nearly unavoidable. We all make our choices.
Like I said, I think it's important to be aware of the consequences of our choices.  I never claimed that none of my choices in life have negative consequences for others.  
The connection between Americans using illegal drugs & the consequences of the illegal drug trade worldwide are just as clear as the connections between the desire for cheap goods & sweatshop labor.
Drugs are nowhere near important enough for me to bother with; they are a luxury item that I don't need in my life.  I've tried 'em, and don't miss them a single bit.  So avoiding them is an easy choice for me.
Like I also said, I agree that the laws are crazy.  Drugs should be legalized.  Until that happens, an awareness of all the negatives of the illegal drug trade seems important, both for helping us to make our own choices, and for ammunition in the fight against stupid laws.

jonathan jetter:
  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/banks-financing-mex ico-s-drug-cartels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

this is a good article, and fairly relevant.

cliff notes:  major banks launder millions (quite probably billions) of dollars for the mexican cartels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version