R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Roger Nichols Fighting For His Life, Needs Our Help  (Read 18909 times)

Bubba#$%Kron

Re: Roger Nichols Fighting For His Life, Needs Your Help
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »

God bless him and his family!!!  healing energy being sent his way is really good!!  I dont have a lot of money to give, but I'm sure every little bit helps!!

I sent a donation!!!
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Tidewater

Re: Roger Nichols Fighting For His Life, Needs Our Help
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »

I wish empathy could divide the suffering.

Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

Skullsessions

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 03:22:52 PM »

Good luck to Roger.
James Hook
Houston, TX

wwittman

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »

Positive energy tends to be less effective than chemotherapy.

We all wish Roger well, that's probably a given.

But he's been a working valuable member of society all his life*, that it should be any question at ALL as to whether he can get needed care or not is simply criminal.

* and shouldn't matter even if he hadn't been
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

CWHumphrey

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »

I was just digging through his article on balanced power last night.

I wish him the best.

Cheers,
Carter William Humphrey

"Indeed...oh three named one!" -Terry Manning
"Or you can just have Carter do the recording, because he's Humphrey."-J.J. Blair

organica

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »

Fletcher wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 14:28

Ross Hogarth wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 13:55

The socio political element is not fair to be co mingled.
This starts a conversation far to wide and deep here to be mixed into the struggle.

I fully and completely agree with Ross's thought and sentiment.  We have both lost very dear and close friends in the last 12 months and this sort of "socio - political" discussion does indeed get in the way of sending positive energy to the person you care about.

I have taken the liberty to start a thread on "Healthcare in the US" in the Saloon here's a link to that thread.

Hopefully without stepping on any toes, we can discuss our frustration with the current state of healthcare in that thread, and positive energy / well wishes in this thread.

Peace.

Agreed. This ought not be a thread for politician parakeeting.

"Positive energy tends to be less effective than chemotherapy."
Treatments of some kind are indeed important. Getting cancer is a mega game changer. Positive energy is a big deal,letting go of psychological turmoil is part of healing.

Traditional  chemo and radiation doesn't work on the cancer that I have (G.I.S.T. , it's a pretty rare sarcoma). But I got lucky ,as there is a targeted med (a miracle drug called Gleevec) which seems to be a perfect match for it and so, no recurrence now for 2 years thankfully.

I've been watching Roger and his family deal with this mostly from afar for quite awhile. He'll never be the same. I wish him well and full recovery. I wish you all well.

maxim

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

pancreatic cancer is tough and financial distress doesn't make for a proper healing/coping environment

my thoughts go out to roger and ALL other americans suffering a similarly unfair deal...

(holding back a full rant out of respect for mods' wishes)

eightyeightkeys

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »

CWHumphrey wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 15:47

I was just digging through his article on balanced power last night.

I wish him the best.

Cheers,

I remember the Balanced Power article too and many others...one article that saved my ass was his article on Data Rescue for the Mac. I saved that article in a binder of articles that I clipped out and saved for a moment I might need them.

Years and years ago, after a long, long days session, I didn't feel like backing up the files from that day.....Next day after booting the computer, that very audio drive crashed ! Nothing worked...not Tech Tool, not Disk First Aid, not Hard Drive Tool Kit, nothing. I really thought I was cooked.

Furiously searching through the binder, I found that article !...long story short Roger Nichol's article saved me that day. Data Rescue worked like a charm.

I wish Roger Nichols all of the best.
Dave T.
D&D Music

Fenris Wulf

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 12:25:50 AM »

wwittman wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 16:43

The fear of 'offending' the obviously wrongheaded is what I personally find misplaced.

I'm all for insufferable condescension toward, for example, people who think an MD 421 is a great tom mic. But the political mudslinging is really out of place. I value the professional tone of this forum and I hope it will stay that way.

Maybe where you're from, all educated people think alike and agree on what kind of society they want to live in. In America that is not the case.

I think echo chambers are great but I wouldn't want to live in one.  Wink
RESIST THE CYBERNETIC OVERLORDS
KDVS Studio A

leonardo valvassori

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »

All the best to Roger in his fight;--it can be beaten.

Please do not take this as political or negative, it's only how I feel, but it is very difficult to have watched so many of my American friends have their lives end early and the lives of their loved ones compromised to the point of ruin by the cost of being made well when the only reason I can sit here and write these words is because of a gov't health care system that valued me enough to cure my lymphoma.

Peace, Rock and Roll and again love and compassion to Roger.

Leonardo Valvassori

wwittman

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »

Fenris Wulf wrote on Fri, 21 January 2011 00:25

wwittman wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 16:43

The fear of 'offending' the obviously wrongheaded is what I personally find misplaced.

I'm all for insufferable condescension toward, for example, people who think an MD 421 is a great tom mic. But the political mudslinging is really out of place. I value the professional tone of this forum and I hope it will stay that way.

Maybe where you're from, all educated people think alike and agree on what kind of society they want to live in. In America that is not the case.

)

If thinking that financial luck should not determine whether a colleague gets to have a shot at living is "political mudslinging" then I shall continue to be "out of place"

Where I come from educated  people disagree about many things, but not that people should die because their parents aren't rich or they lost their job, etc.

Funny how almost everywhere else in the civilized western world think that's " the kind of society they want to live in"
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Bill Mueller

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »

I lost my brother in law to this cancer about two years ago. God bless you Roger. Please recover soon.

Bill

"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

Malcolm Boyce

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »

I've been enjoying going through some of Roger's old columns on his site.  It's a bit like time travel to read these old stories and see where he was right and wrong with things, hindsight being what it is.

Those interested and unfamiliar with his unique sense of humour should check some of these out:

http://www.rogernichols.com/DAEQ.html

Quote:

It just so happens that as I type this column, I am one week away from finishing the mixes for the Steely Dan live album. Well, almost live. I have mentioned before that we went into the studio and "cleaned up" a few things. C'mon now, it is a Steely Dan album, and we couldn't let any afterthought recordings of raggedy-ass playing by a bunch of old farts (besides the Eagles) out into the public, now could we? Steely Dan fans have come to expect a certain quality control that could only be achieved by spending lots of money in a recording studio.

Because of the fact that we have performed some moderate "repairs" to the songs, it would probably be illegal somewhere to call the album "Steely Dan Live", even though that's how it started out. So somebody (probably Donald) came up with the idea of calling the album "Steely Dan: Alive in America". Kind of catchy, don't you think? Like how it skirts the issue?

zakco

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »

I'm sure cancer has touched the lives of everyone here in one way or another. My father is fighting brain cancer as we speak.
Our local music community lost an AE/studio owner to pancreatic cancer last year. It is a devastating disease.

The fact that Roger and his family have to endure the financial burden in addition to the physical/emotional burden is just plain criminal.

SO happy to live where I do.

All the best to you Roger, I wish you and your family peace.

Z

J.J. Blair

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »

I wonder if MusiCares only cares about addiction, and not cancer.  One would think that as a valued member of NARAS over the years, they might help him out in some way.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.