R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forums  (Read 15935 times)

ktownson

Re: New Forums
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »

It's really not that bad over there, guys...just...blue. Very blue. We can do this.

If TPTB are looking for suggestions, I humbly propose that at least some selected (and popular) threads actually get ported, not just archived, starting with  New Microphone Construction and Digital Tracking With Lower Levels threads.

If that won't be done, it might be nice for forum enthusiasts to post links to the favorite archived posts and insert them in a new thread on the new forum.

Lastly, I suggest we all agree to start posting exclusively in the new forum Feb. 1st so there won't be so much confusion.
"World Boogie is coming." James Luther Dickinson

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »

is anyone else having a problem registering at the new place? i keep getting "the letters you typed do not match those in the picture". WTF? i'm pretty sure i'm not THAT stupid.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »

MoreSpaceEcho wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 10:59

is anyone else having a problem registering at the new place? i keep getting "the letters you typed do not match those in the picture". WTF? i'm pretty sure i'm not THAT stupid.
Happened once then it worked.

Dominick

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »

Fletcher wrote on Tue, 18 January 2011 17:11

It is very likely that we [the R/E/P "we"] will fully adopt a policy where your real name [which is 1000% required in LAB and HOW -- and a few other places like Klaus's forum and my forum "on demand"] will be implemented across the board.

The anonymity thing just sucks and leads to moron attraction [see Gearslutz for details] so we would like to try to avoid those additional complications at all costs.

This would be great.
Dominick Costanzo

MagnetoSound

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »

Dominick wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 23:57

It is very likely that we [the R/E/P "we"] will fully adopt a policy where your real name [which is 1000% required in LAB and HOW -- and a few other places like Klaus's forum and my forum "on demand"] will be implemented across the board.

The anonymity thing just sucks and leads to moron attraction [see Gearslutz for details] so we would like to try to avoid those additional complications at all costs.

This would be great.

Dominick, you are on this like a rash over at the new place, I'm starting to wonder which secret service you are working for.  Laughing

Seriously, if your real name is visible in either your sig line OR your handle, that shouldn't be a problem any more than it is here, right?

I have placed my real name in my sig line over there, which, personally, is where I think it should go. If I make it my screen name as well that's a little too much, isn't it?

Those of us whose handle is a reflection of either our company name or the work that we do would like to keep it that way, I would guess. Can we not at least have the option?

Just sayin'.  Smile

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

MagnetoSound

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »

And another thing - those 'Last edit:' ... tags get on my tits. Am I the only one?

I like to be able to tidy up my posts after I've made them, without it looking as if I've tampered with the essence of it like some sneaky troll.

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

johnR

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »

Dominick wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 23:57

This would be great.

Hi there, my name is Kurt Freeman.

Twisted Evil

johnR

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »

MagnetoSound wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 14:52

And another thing - those 'Last edit:' ... tags get on my tits. Am I the only one?

I like to be able to tidy up my posts after I've made them, without it looking as if I've tampered with the essence of it like some sneaky troll.

+1

I've always found these things irritating.

Fletcher

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 07:16:13 PM »

bc54 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2011 00:55

Tried to register for the new forum. Hmmmm....didn't realize that you needed to be approved. Not sure what the criteria is. Wonder if I'll make the cut.

That requirement no longer exists - fear not!!!

MagnetoSound wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 09:52

Working on it - if it hasn't been sorted out, it will be in short order.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Ross Hogarth

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

I'm sorting this out for myself too guys ...

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

leonardo valvassori

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

Ross Hogarth wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 19:47

I am assuming to see the same two fantastic moderators moderating..... ?

Leonardo Valvassori

bigbone

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »

Ross Hogarth wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 19:47

It's easy for me, if Ross and Terry are not there, I'm not following........

JN

resolectric

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »

Shouldn't at least one post in these now two pages of the "New Forum" topic include the link to that new Forum?

Gio

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »

resolectric wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 07:55

Shouldn't at least one post in these now two pages of the "New Forum" topic include the link to that new Forum?

http://forums.prosoundweb.com

Still sort of a grave yard on the R/E/P end......
Giovanni Fusco

On Staff Here

My Place

Press record. Enjoy!

Mac Kerr

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »

resolectric wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 07:55

You mean like the one in the yellow announcement at the top of the forum?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.