R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best wired keyboard mouse combo for editing-lots of editing  (Read 5142 times)

eightyeightkeys

Best wired keyboard mouse combo for editing-lots of editing
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »

I'm currently using my old, trusty, standard, wired Logitech keyboard and mouse, but, I'm doing a ton of dialogue editing in Cubase 5, having to zoom in/out, scroll left/right, color code clips, render them etc..sheesh, it's a tedious, multi stepped process and I need more capability.

A left/right wheel on the bottom of the keyboard below the space bar would be ideal. A couple of programmable buttons on the mouse and/or a "horizontal" wheel as well as the typical vertical wheel would be nice.

Any recommendations ?
Dave T.
D&D Music

Tidewater

Re: Best wired keyboard mouse combo for editing-lots of editing
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »

I'll take one of those too.

Let's look.

You can turn off NUM LOCK and map the extension to whatever you like. Did you install the setup program for Logitech?
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

Tomas Danko

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:09:15 PM »

eightyeightkeys wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 21:34

I'm currently using my old, trusty, standard, wired Logitech keyboard and mouse, but, I'm doing a ton of dialogue editing in Cubase 5, having to zoom in/out, scroll left/right, color code clips, render them etc..sheesh, it's a tedious, multi stepped process and I need more capability.

A left/right wheel on the bottom of the keyboard below the space bar would be ideal. A couple of programmable buttons on the mouse and/or a "horizontal" wheel as well as the typical vertical wheel would be nice.

Any recommendations ?

I edit ridiculous amounts of VO for a living (among many other things that you do when you're a VO Producer making computer games). I ended up resorting to Sony SoundForge and using the keyboard instead, I touch the mouse only a little and the rest happens blazingly fast on the keyboard.

In other words, first it's about the wave editor you use (i.e. Pro Tools was never intended for these things when you start to compare). Second, it's all keyboard short cuts!

Cheers,

Danko

Ps. I use Logitec MX500 and similar mouse devices, btw.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

eightyeightkeys

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »

Scott over at ADK recommended one of these :

http://www.bella-usa.com/Pro/

I like !

The dual jog wheel set up could be excellente !
Dave T.
D&D Music

mikeconrad

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:31:50 PM »

What Danko said. In Cubase/Nuendo you can setup many keyboard shortcuts any way you like.
 If anything I have just written insulted or offended you please understand that it was only meant in jest,
unless it wasn't.

TB-AV

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »

http://www.videoguys.com/Item/Contour+Design+ShuttlePRO+v2+% 28Black%29/23F4250554C44545558435.aspx

Templates available for most DAW software but fully customizable as well. If your DAW function has a keyboard assignment ( Ctrl+S, etc ) it can be assigned to shuttle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.