Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: happy.  (Read 4749 times)

breathe

happy.
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:14:57 PM »

I'll post a mix of a piece from my current recording session, but I just wanted to say that I am so thrilled to live in the technological era that I live in.  I really, sonically, would not rather live in any era previous to this one.  We are all so blessed to have access to such a wide range of equipment, and also to be living in an era so free of expectations as far as the aesthetic of our work.

Nicholas

compasspnt

Re: happy.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »

It is indeed a blessing that anyone, anywhere, regardless of intent, talent, or means, can record anything that they want.

Edward Vinatea

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:16:59 PM »

It's also a blessing most of them don't get paid.

Edward

breathe

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »

So now I can just fill this world up with crappy recordings!  No, what I meant with is that I feel no discernible genre that I feel my artists have to work within.

Nicholas

breathe wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 09:14

I'll post a mix of a piece from my current recording session, but I just wanted to say that I am so thrilled to live in the technological era that I live in.  I really, sonically, would not rather live in any era previous to this one.  We are all so blessed to have access to such a wide range of equipment, and also to be living in an era so free of expectations as far as the aesthetic of our work.

Nicholas

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 06:17:56 PM »

It is nice.  People dont realize to actually record you would need to pay 2 grown adults minimun to run tape decks and the board.  The problem to me is, with all these decent recording systems out there, would'nt there just be tons of great music everywhere?!!?   It makes me realize how much good producing/engineering has really been key in all the classics we love.  We need record companies to come back bad!!!

I'm looking forward to your new stuff nicholas, I really liked all your other songs- your new cuts should be awesome!!  Happy creating!! Smile

Cheers
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

ssltech

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »

Edward Vinatea wrote

It's also a blessing most of them don't get paid.

I know funny, and THAT -my friend- is a zinger!

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Fenris Wulf

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 12:42:42 AM »

No gatekeepers, no minor leagues, no paying gigs, no artist development, computers used to turn inept musicians with no talent or fanbase (and therefore no negotiating position) into an acceptable product, and millions of amateur musicians shelling out money for disposable gear to record music that nobody will ever hear.

Yep, it's a Golden Age.
RESIST THE CYBERNETIC OVERLORDS
KDVS Studio A

Barry Hufker

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »

Just remember, "happiness is a journey, not a destination."

Barry

Tomas Danko

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 05 January 2011 06:19

Just remember, "happiness is a journey, not a destination."

Barry

And here I thought all along that it was a warm gun.

Now I just don't know what to believe.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Andy Meyer

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »

I also agree that it's an amazing time to make records. It's really impressive to see what people are doing with a mixture of old and new technologies. I think that it's leading a beautiful thing.

I personally love it when bands bring in "demo" songs.  A lot of the time these tracks are usable and feel great.

There really is a ton of awesome music out there right now. I just had to turn off my radio (except KEXP) and TV to find it.

Andy Meyer
Seesaw Recording Company
www.seesawrecordingcompany.com

Barry Hufker

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »

"And here I thought all along that it was a warm gun."

Ask John Lennon if happiness is a warm gun - although **[the asshole who shot him] who can tell you definitively...

Barry

** name deleted by moderator.  I am of the firm belief that if you never utter the piece of shit's name then he gains no notoriety from his heinous act.

mell

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »

so where's that post, or did you run it through the "culture vulture"  Razz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.