R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FabFilter Pro-L limter  (Read 7753 times)

SafeandSound

Re: FabFilter Pro-L limter
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 06:08:14 AM »

Whilst Elephant is undoutably a great limiter I always find it is in second place or when my primary limiter is not quite working out. It has a rather thick character to it to my ear and audio sounds a little different when its running through which suits around 10pct of material IMO. I use it as an effect limiter. It is certainly a contender for best value limiter thats out there.
Props to Aleksey for it.

I will have to have a listen to the Pro-L limiter at some point.
UK's No.1 Online Mastering studio, free previews :

http://www.masteringmastering.co.uk/
online mastering

mastertone

Re: FabFilter Pro-L limter
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »

SafeandSound wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 12:08

...when my primary limiter is not quite working out.

Which is?
Jonas Ekstrom
Mastertone Mastering
www.mastertone.se

Andy Krehm

Re: FabFilter Pro-L limter-CAUTION
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »

Andy Krehm wrote on Sat, 01 January 2011 11:20

I'm still liking this limiter as much as when I first posted but have discovered a glitch, at least with my processing setup (Mac G5 Dual/PTs 8/RTAS).

When I recall a setting, the volume doesn't always go to where it was saved. A mouse click on or near the volume display restores it to where it was saved. This doesn't happen with any of the other saved settings.

Anyone else notice this?

I received a email from the Pro-L guys and thought I should post it in case I am not the only one who didn't notice this!

Hi Andy,

Ah, I think I know what you mean now! Smile At the top of Pro-L's interface, near the Help button, you see a little lock icon. That's the 'Lock Output Settings' button. If it's enabled, all output settings (like Output Level and Gain, but also Dithering and Oversampling etc.) will -not- be changed when loading presets. This makes it easier to compare how different settings work on a piece of audio...

So if you disable that setting, Pro-L will load all parameter as you expect, also the Output Level.

Slip

Re: FabFilter Pro-L limiter
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »

lowland wrote on Thu, 06 January 2011 17:32

I notice that on my system when you alt-drag the threshold slider (so the output is correspondingly reduced and you can hear the effect of limiting without a change in loudness) the linkage only seems to work in an upward direction: when you pull the slider down with alt still held the output doesn't go up but stays at the lowest point. I think the two should be linked in both directions, I don't imagine it would be hard to program.

This must be a bug. It works here as intended, alt-drag simply reverse links the gain and output controls and works both ways.

I've got this working on both Windows 64bit and 32bit in Reaper and Wavelab 6 (can't stand the new version 7.. what a mess).

Cheers!
Niklas
Niklas Silen @ Good Will Studios, Helsinki, Finland
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.