R/E/P > Acoustics in Motion

Acoustical Design of Control Room for Stereo and Multichannel Production — A Novel Approach

(1/3) > >>

Bogic Petrovic:
Greetings everybody!

First of all, allow me to introduce ourselves a little, we (Zorica and Bogic) are electrical engineers from Belgrade, Serbia, whose field of employment involves the acoustic design of a number of studios and rooms for recording.

After some time in the field of audio engineering, our efforts and experiences in providing solutions for our clients resulted in us developing a new approach towards acoustically treating rooms/spaces for surround and stereo monitoring, one which produced satisfactory outcomes for all parties concerned.  

We have written a paper describing this new approach regarding the acoustic treatment of small rooms for surround monitoring, which is also suitable for both: stereo monitoring, and for large(r) rooms/areas.  

The accompanying text to our work was published at the 129th AES Convention in San Francisco (the most recent one), under the name: Acoustical Design of Control Room for Stereo and Multichannel Production and Reproduction—A Novel Approach—Bogic Petrovic, Zorica Davidovic, BoZo Electronics, MyRoom Acoustics - Beograd, Serbia.

We would be pleased to engage in discussion about our first paper, published at the AES Convention, with all of you visitors of the Pro Sound Web R/E/P forum.  

Besides the authors (Bogic and Zorica), the discussion will also be able to involve other team members who helped in the making of our concept of a new approach to acoustic design, through their ears and their subjective impressions during listening / mixing tests.  

We would like to thank the moderators for their kindness and allowing discussion about our work to occur on the PSW Acoustics in motion forum.  

I also want to apologise to all those present at the Poster Session P23 - Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio for our non-attendance, which was caused by an onset of health problems which I suffered.  

Thanking you all in advance for the constructive and productive discussion.

Respectfully yours,

Bogic Petrovic - Boggy

picture of one recording room builded by principle described in AES paper.

Thomas Jouanjean:
I love diffused rooms...  

This should be an interesting read!

For those who aren't AES members but would like to participate and read the paper, is it possible to have a PDF version linked/posted in the thread? I know it may be impossible to get the authorization... But if it is indeed possible, it would benefit the discussion as more readers could get involved.

Zorica Davidovic:
Hello everyone!

Thomas Jouanjean wrote on Thu, 02 December 2010 17:51
I love diffused rooms...  

Yes, I also love fully diffused rooms, and, believe it or not, it seems that they give us a chance to help make small rooms become more serious studios/control rooms than they currently are, and make larger rooms even better.

To begin with, Massenburg's Blackbird room was our main inspiration, however, the 'small problem' of how to apply that principle and make it viable within a 'small package' (as we faced in the field) appeared .  

The paper discusses what we did, and describes our solution.  

This should be an interesting read!

Thank you for your interest  

For those who aren't AES members but would like to participate and read the paper, is it possible to have a PDF version linked/posted in the thread? I know it may be impossible to get the authorization... But if it is indeed possible, it would benefit the discussion as more readers could get involved.

This is our first AES paper   , and the Audio Engineering Society has publishing rights, so we probably aren't allowed to publish electronic copies of our paper.  

On the PSW R/E/P forum, there are senior AES members, so we would like to ask them about their thoughts on the matter of publication, and how we can enable non-AES folks to have reading access to the paper.  

Meanwhile, we are currently preparing a white paper on the subject of this design, with all necessary illustrations and measured results.  

I hope that it will be sufficiently comprehensive and detailed enough for interested parties, and if not, we can clarify matters / engage in discussion here.  

The white paper should be up and available on MyRoom Acoustics site soon (in "Publications" section).

Best regards

Zorica

NLP:
Excellent paper

Bogic Petrovic:
Thanks Nenad  

Here it is, a shorter document without so many details, but with much bigger graphs/illustrations  

It can be downloaded at our publications page

Regards,

Boggy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version