R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: First attended mastering session on Monday, any tips?  (Read 11581 times)

Thomas W. Bethel

Re: First attended mastering session on Monday, any tips?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »

Gregg Janman

So what happened???? or are you still mastering???
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

dcollins

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 06:10:35 PM »

Thomas W. Bethel wrote on Sun, 05 December 2010 14:12

Gregg Janman

So what happened???? or are you still mastering???

The client may have taken off his shoes or changed a diaper.

DC

Gregg Janman

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

You guys are crazy, I posted about what happened a week ago, see my previous post on this page!!!

compasspnt

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »

Gregg Janman wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 06:45

Thanks guys,

Things went very well, and the client was happy, but it did feel very strange having someone peering over my shoulder, and having to explain what I was doing all the time. I am sure it was a good learning/teaching experience for me, but I think I'd prefer to fly solo in future.  Twisted Evil

Gregg

I think everyone wants a blow-by-blow description.

Thomas W. Bethel

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:38 AM »

Gregg Janman wrote on Sun, 05 December 2010 18:56

You guys are crazy, I posted about what happened a week ago, see my previous post on this page!!!

After all the great replies you received to your question I guess I was expecting a few more words after you had time to digest what went on. If that is all you want to share then....C'est la vie
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Gregg Janman

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 01:04:07 AM »

Well, of course I am extremely thankful for all the help, suggestions and support I got from the esteemed members of this forum. I am sorry if it came off like I wasn't.

But, to be honest, there really isn't that much more to tell!

A guy and a girl from the label came round, I made coffee, we talked about the work they wanted me to do, paymnet terms etc. After a while we went into the studio and I started mastering the first track. The girl stayed in the lounge sketching (she's an artist/designer), and the guy watched and asked questions/made comments while I mastered two tracks for him. Then we all went for lunch and they went back to the train station where we said goodbye.

He was happy with my work, and played all the tracks I have mastered so far out live in a club last night. I haven't heard back from him since then.

As far as I was concerned, I felt a lot more pressure to "perform" than I normally do, which made me feel a little uncomfortable. It was probably a good experience for me, as I let him know what I was doing, step by step, and why I was doing it. And as they say, the best way to really learn something is to teach it (I should know that, I have been teaching for the last 11 odd years).

I agree with a previous poster who said it's the right of the artists to be there for the mastering session. But, for me personally, it felt more uncomfortable. Hopefully it will be something I get to try again, and my attitude/thoughts will become more positive with experience.

Not really sure there is much else I can say on the subject? Except thanks once again for all your support and interest!

Gregg
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.