R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Afircan Bands wanting to record in US- all scams?  (Read 21050 times)

Fletcher

Re: Afircan Bands wanting to record in US- all scams?
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »

It might have been me... got an email from someone that seemed pretty goofy so I quoted them $25,000 per week [staff included] which would require a 50% deposit upon booking... the bitch of the beast being that we are booked until November 2011... but if they got in their deposit now they would be in the calendar for December 2011... and as most of 2012 was still free we could probably squeeze in their entire project.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

rankus

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »

Got one today, although it is regarding piano lessons... They want to send their gifted 15 year old over to take lessons and stay with a nanny... I just have to take their down payment and forward some money to the "nanny"...

Heads up, piano teachers are next.

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

ANTONIO

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »

Is the parent of Heartbeat Records, Riot City Records, Disorder Records,  Records and Trash City Records. Initially Simon Edwards set up Heartbeat Records in 1978, however over time subsidiary labels were added to cater for different musical styles and bands, all the labels are now grouped under Heartbeat Productions.

lists of bands on record labels

MI

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »

Gents,

Be careful, even if you send "Letters of Invitation" or similar "Letter of Confirmation"
for studio bookings to people it can allow them to get through immigration in your country.

Some of the scams go deeper than money fraud, they are illegal aliens, they show up
with a recording contract at immigration, and then disappear.

Guess who the Government come seeking for a fine after? YOU...
they keep on file a copy of these letters when people arrive and clear immigration.

My wife's friend had met a couple while vacationing in France.
They kept in touch after she returned, a few months later they asked her for a letter
"Inviting them to come stay with her in Canada"...luckily I heard what she was talking
about and asked her more detail, they were not even legal in France. I explained
the whole scam to her and the fact SHE was responsible for them if they came into
Canada and then disappeared.

I have a friend who works at Immigration Canada, he sees this all the time.

Mario

jrmintz

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 08:03:17 PM »

A friend of mine with a studio where some big rap and metal records were done had some guys call about seeing the studio with an eye to booking some time. After he showed them around the producer and he went into the office to look at the schedule and while he was occupied the other two guys pulled out a 1073 and a couple of mics and hightailed it. He walked the "producer" to the door and never knew what happened til he got back into the studio. He felt he was lucky to get away without getting hurt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.