R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Anamod 660/670 Experiences?  (Read 12860 times)

Haolemon

Any Anamod 660/670 Experiences?
« on: November 24, 2010, 07:30:16 PM »

Discounting Gearslutz, there is virtually no information regarding this equipment. I think the only reviews I have seen were in Sound on Sound.  None from the domestic press and none from credible users.  Is this stuff not selling or not being promoted?  I see print adds and would love to try it out, but I don't want to buy it and then find out it is not for me.

Anyone tried it?

Thanks

Bender Mastering

Re: Any Anamod 660/670 Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »

I have one, i'm using it in a mastering studio along with a Prism Sound MLA-2. Those are my two outboard compressors and they are really different.

The AnaMod is a great bus compressor, has the ability to make everything bigger and adds some excitement to everything. It should perform really well as a mixing tool though I've only used on the master. It does more than compressing because it can enhance every song that passes through it.

I can't use it as a corrective tool only because It's not a clean unit and it imprints some character to everything. Though I really like that character and It sounds familiar to me, it gives everything a more finished/polished/etc sound.

Now, if it is better than the other Fairchild alternatives? Or is it close to a real Fairchild? I don't know because I can't compare... I know I like the unit and i'm not selling it because it fulfills my needs. But I honestly can't tell you that it is the best Fairchild replica or that it sounds and behaves as good as a real Fairchild because I haven't heard one.

Haolemon

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »

Thanks for relating your experience with the unit.

Dave Amels

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »

You can try and for 10 days and decide for yourself which is better than reviews I think.

Geoff Emerick de Fake

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 12:42:10 PM »

Maybe in the US and Canada, but not the rest of the world...

Dave Amels

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »

No distributor in your country?

Geoff Emerick de Fake

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »

There's a distributor, but no way you can get a unit on 10 days loan...even 1 day.
Unless you mean actually buying the unit and use the buyer's protection program? Here, you do it only once. When you've done it once, you're on the vendor's black list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.