R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Click at end of ref cd shows up on some players, not others!  (Read 5527 times)

Jerry Tubb

Re: Help! Click at end of ref cd shows up on some players, not others!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »

mastermind wrote on Thu, 25 November 2010 09:35

I can remember years ago when I was running a Sonic classic system, and using Jam to burn the actual CD (from a Jam image file created by Sonic) that there was a set of circumstances that lead to a burst of audio right at the leadout. I can't for the life of me remember what it was that caused it (a specific set of circumstances that I then learned to avoid) since that was 10-ish years ago.

I too always leave a bit of silence at the end of audio - I like to round up to the next :05 or :10 second mark...

t

Hey Trev, early versions of the first Yamaha CD-100 had a firmware issue (ca. 1994-95) that would put a big spike right at the end of the disc. When it arrived via UPS, and anxious to replace the problematic JVC burner, we took it out of the box, hooked it to the SCSI connector, and burned a 2x disc at the end of the days session. Naturally the first disc I burned was for my most important client, who called back to ask about the pop, boy was I embarrassed. Fortunately a few days later a new revision of the firmware was released and all was well.

Happy Turkey Day, JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

resolectric

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »

Could there be a DC offset at the final track?
Maybe the amp in his car doesn't deal well with that.

tom eaton

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »

I'm 99% sure it's not dc offset, as the last song was faded to digital black before burning... there's no signal of any kind there.  

My Sonic Classic system is sleeping soundly here... and I have to say that it never caused me any headaches that were not user error related.  It was a quirky program but it sure got the job done.

I now use three different pieces of software to do what I could do inside Sonic in 1997... if load in and load out could happen at high speed I'd still be using it!

t

Garrett H

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

TE,

Thanks for reporting this issue.  I've had all kinds of problems with car players, especially when skipping around tracks.  

The real truth is we can't control what manufacturers do and how they implement various 'features' in their players.  However, some clients have more intrinsic faith in standardization.  Its hard to be the bearer of bad news....

Best,
GH
Treelady Studios, Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.treelady.com
Senior Contributor, Tape Op Magazine
http://www.tapeop.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.