R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Tough Election Night  (Read 17540 times)

Kris

Re: Very Tough Election Night
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 08:26:35 AM »

PRobb wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 17:59

I can't watch the tea party people. How can anyone not see they're totally full of crap.
CUT SPENDING!!!
Ever see someone ask them to specify exactly what spending they think they're gonna cut? Major tap dancing.
We're gonna cut that spending. But we're not gonna touch Social Security, Medicare and the military.
Yeah, right.
I'm gonna quit drinking. Except for beer, wine and vodka.
Idiots.

Did you ramp up your spending to exorbitant amounts in this down economy to stimulate your families growth?  Just curious...

Common sense for a typical family man dictates that you cut spending when things are tough... Ideally you want to continue to feed your family.  

Why is it 'full  of crap' for a tea party person to think their Gov't shouldn't consider doing the same...and voicing their opinion about it, considering it's their money and all?

If you asked them where they'd cut spending in their own family budget I be they could give you specifics.  

Not everyone is a political scientist...doesn't make them an idiot!

PRobb

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »

Kris wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 08:26

Did you ramp up your spending to exorbitant amounts in this down economy to stimulate your families growth?  Just curious...

Common sense for a typical family man dictates that you cut spending when things are tough... Ideally you want to continue to feed your family.  

Why is it 'full  of crap' for a tea party person to think their Gov't shouldn't consider doing the same...and voicing their opinion about it, considering it's their money and all?

If you asked them where they'd cut spending in their own family budget I be they could give you specifics.  

This is the same line of crap we've been hearing from the right for 30 years. And we're not supposed to notice that we haven't seen the spending cuts.
CUT SPENDING!!!
YAAAAY!
WE WON!!!!
YAAAYY!
OK, here's the spending cuts
YAAAHANGON. Wait a minute, don't cut THAT. We want that.
Everybody hates pork as long as their guy brings home the bacon.
It's inherently dishonest. That it continues to work is depressing.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

ssltech

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 10:17:21 AM »

It shall ever more be thus, for so long as people are foolish enough to confuse politics with government.

Politics is to government as marketing is to engineering.

Monster cable will fix poor room acoustics.

-Apparently.
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

YZ

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 10:31:19 AM »

ssltech wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 12:17

It shall ever more be thus, for so long as people are foolish enough to confuse politics with government.

Politics is to government as marketing is to engineering.

Monster cable will fix poor room acoustics.

-Apparently.

Yup   Smile

Any government that does precisely what's needed by the country, with no unnecessary/hidden benefits to any group/sector, with the focus on long-term solutions and no regard for ideology, just for actual results, will be hated by all sides.
regards,

YZ

Kris

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »

PRobb wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 10:09

Kris wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 08:26

This is the same line of crap we've been hearing from the right for 30 years. And we're not supposed to notice that we haven't seen the spending cuts.
CUT SPENDING!!!
YAAAAY!
WE WON!!!!
YAAAYY!
OK, here's the spending cuts
YAAAHANGON. Wait a minute, don't cut THAT. We want that.
Everybody hates pork as long as their guy brings home the bacon.
It's inherently dishonest. That it continues to work is depressing.

You didn't answer my question.  You'd make a wonderful politician.  Good for you.  

Kris

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »

Edvaard

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:52 AM »

The idea is/was that government does the stimulus program thing because the rest of us can't in a down economy.

Not to say I agree with it, but after rewarding banks for the worst behavior nothing makes sense anymore anyway.

In any case government and businesses and individuals all play different roles in society and in an economy so it is a bit silly to have expectations that the spending patterns of all of them should be judged in some like comparison.

There can be legitimate gripes about government spending but the tea partiers have zero credability because the overspending was well in place before the most recent administration came to office and they were completely silent about it then.

Tea partiers and others like them are Rumpelstiltskins  when the party that actually drives up the deficit is in action, then they all of a sudden wake up and point fingers at the party that is left to clean up the mess because the process of cleaning up disturbs their gentle senses.

Oooooh, so sorry.

Just go back to sleep now.

bblackwood

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »

Edvaard wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 10:44

Tea partiers and others like them are Rumpelstiltskins  when the party that actually drives up the deficit is in action, then they all of a sudden wake up and point fingers at the party that is left to clean up the mess because the process of cleaning up disturbs their gentle senses.

Oooooh, so sorry.

I'm neither a tea-partier nor a republican, but it's dishonest to blame the president for overspending - the House approves taxation and spending and it's been run by the D's since 2006.

Likewise, while Clinton certainly was the driving force behind it, the budgets which resulted in a surplus were voted on and passed by a R led House.

It's not so cut-and-dried as what letter is beside which name. Both parties have screwed us over, and asking them to make cuts necessary to protect our economy isn't foolish, imo.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Edvaard

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »

YZ wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 10:31

Any government that does precisely what's needed by the country, with no unnecessary/hidden benefits to any group/sector, with the focus on long-term solutions and no regard for ideology, just for actual results, will be hated by all sides.

I hope you don't mind if all the 'objective' and award winning media don't quote you on that. In fact, if you had any prominence in society and they could not stifle such commentary completely they would bring out all the right and left "common sense" pundits they could to deride a person espousing such notions as being morally irresponsible and shirking one's civic duty for not choosing a side.

Kris

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 12:34:41 PM »

My point is that thinking the principles you and your family live by when it comes to money should also apply to your Government doesn't make you full of crap and and idiot.  If that's your argument then you've already lost.

Edvaard

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:56 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 12:10

Edvaard wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 10:44

Oooooh, so sorry.

I'm neither a tea-partier nor a republican, but it's dishonest to blame the president for overspending - the House approves taxation and spending and it's been run by the D's since 2006.

Likewise, while Clinton certainly was the driving force behind it, the budgets which resulted in a surplus were voted on and passed by a R led House.

It's not so cut-and-dried as what letter is beside which name. Both parties have screwed us over, and asking them to make cuts necessary to protect our economy isn't foolish, imo.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not.

The tea partiers are not nearly that sophisticated. The point remains, they were silent when the initial spending spree was taking place because of who held the top job, and they are making a rukus about it now aimed directly at the person holding the top job.

They just hate Democrats. Nothing wrong with that, it's the American way. I'm not exactly a fan of them myself. But wearing some cloak of Constitution and fiscal responsibility over what is in fact everyday partisan politics is either laughable or sickening, depending on the mood.

Kris

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »

I'm not sure if that's the right read.  The 'tea party people' (as a whole) most likely have had the same opinion(s) on spending for many years... they just didn't have a group voice that was reported in the news daily...

PRobb

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »

Kris wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 11:10

You didn't answer my question.  You'd make a wonderful politician.  Good for you.  

I did answer your question. Yes, this is politics. Pointing out that politics is political is as insightful as pointing out that the Olympics is athletic.
The I balance my yada yada so government yada yada rhetoric is great at winning elections. But it's meaningless bullshit when it comes to actual governing. We've been hearing it for 30 years. Where are these famous spending cuts?

If you're going to talk about spending, you start with Medicare, Social Security and the military. Why? Because that's where the spending is.
So until we hear the tea party talk about major cuts to Medicare, Social Security and the military (don't hold your breath) I call bullshit. This is where the deficit comes from. Tax cuts are easy. The spending cuts never seem to follow. It's dishonest.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Jay Kadis

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »

Kris wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 09:34

Wasn't there some incredible and unprecedented spending taking place when the 'tea party people' came along?
What about the two wars Bush undertook with no source of funding and his TARP?  Looking only at the immediate condition without investigating how it happened is a recipe for failure.  Much of the spending that led to this situation was done by previous administrations, but the blame was assigned to the current administration.

Kris wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 09:34

My point is that thinking the principles you and your family live by when it comes to money should also apply to your Government doesn't make you full of crap and and idiot.  If that's your arguement then you've already lost.
There are significant differences between individual financial responsibility and how the national government operates.  The Federal government can do things the individual cannot - print more money, raise taxes, change interest rates, etc.  Simply equating the two is an over-simplification.

Kris

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »

Saying you answered my question when you didn't?  

You lost my vote! Smile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.