R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Can't The VF14M Be Made Again?  (Read 51702 times)

Mike O

Re: Why Can't The VF14M Be Made Again?
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2010, 09:43:09 AM »

As info, I happened to notice this VERY strange "U47" (hardly) on ebay yesterday with a 701: http://cgi.ebay.com/Neumann-Telefunken-Vintage-U47-M49-Tube- Microphone-/300502117993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item 45f7526e69

The text of the auction:

Hello Bidders, Here is a 3 pattern cardioid, figure 8 and omni Telefunken/Neumann U47m (M for Meyer) with AC701 tube.  This microphone was built in Holland from nearly all original Neumann parts and embodies the characteristics of a original Neumann M49 and a Neumann U47.  This microphone will compete with any M49 and U47 out there today at half the price.

Original parts include:

* M7 Capsule,
* AC701 tube,
* German professional vintage Mihak transformer,
* power supply modified to includes 3 pattern selector like an M49
* New nos Neumann elastic spider mount,
* mic body,
* head grill
* connectors and cable.  

Not original is the wooden jewelers box, stand mount connector and other pieces are manufactured to Neumann spec.  Comes with two cable systems, one for the Neumann elastic spider mount and a stand mount connector cabling system.  Everything seen in the pictures are included in the auction.  Buyer pays shipping, Thanks for looking and good luck.  

Who knows, might sound great, but a U47 (or an M49) it is not.

radiovinheta

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »

Frankenstein mic  Shocked
M49 + U47? I will prefer ONLY a U47 OR an M49...

piedpiper

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »

I was also intrigued by this listing. It sounds like it might be closer to an M49 circuit but in a U47 body, with the effects of the head grill being perhaps the only element of the U47. I can't help but wonder that if Neumann had made such a model as a stepping stone between the 47 and 49, how many nay sayers here would be singing its praises.
Tim Britton

row, row, row your boat...

J.J. Blair

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »

Maybe we should change the name of the thread to "Why Can't People Accept That the VF14 Won't Be Made Again?"
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

David Bock

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »

i wish there was a "like" button for your post, JJ.

ratite

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »

I don't know,all it takes is one 47- loving Russian energy magnate...
Richard Horner
Unaffiliated knob twiddler.

"Nietzsche played the piano endlessly in his eleven years of madness.Once,at least,with his elbows."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.