R/E/P > Acoustics in Motion

small floating room, with a light weight concrete floor

<< < (2/5) > >>

Thomas Jouanjean:
By venting I mean that you have to make sure that the air trapped under the floor (even if there is rockwool or else - I actually wouldn't recommend you use Rockwool under a thin floor...) will not be influencing or basically nulling the effect of the Regufoam, and therefore you need to "vent it" in a certain way. Like a Helmholtz. So what you have to check is that the compression of air when the floor moves under deflection and during normal use of the room is such that it does not interfere with the Regufoam behaviour. This is what you have to calculate.

So make sure that the air can circulate faster in and out of the space under the floor than it takes for the Regufoam to compress.

Is Martijn your contact @ Merford?

PeterDraaisma:
Hi Thomas,

You mean that if the floor floats on the regufoam, it must not lean on the airpression between the benches? So there has to be an airflow circuit under the floor,between the benches, with an opening to let the cavity breath?

So glasswool will be the best underneath the floor?

And I was thinking that I was all most there for the design of the floor:-(

Mark is my contact by Merford

Thanks.

Best regards,

Peter

Thomas Jouanjean:
PeterDraaisma wrote on Sun, 07 November 2010 07:04
Hi Thomas,

You mean that if the floor floats on the regufoam, it must not lean on the airpression between the benches? So there has to be an airflow circuit under the floor,between the benches, with an opening to let the cavity breath?

Exactly! and you have to make sure that the air can circulate fast.

PeterDraaisma wrote on Sun, 07 November 2010 07:04
So glasswool will be the best underneath the floor?

Nothing there is best in your case. Hey, saves money too!

PeterDraaisma:
Hi Thomas,

Thanks again, I'm learning:-). But were do you let the air go, in the mass -airspring -mass wall construction or in an special hole? Cause my existing walls are one part of mam construction,

I always thought that glass-wool underneath the floating floor had a damping function,so the cavity would not resonate. Why is in my case nothing the best?(for a better air circulation?) Is is this the reason why the self-resonant frequency is so important.

So the 5 cm regufoam would be better than 3,7 cm because it goes lower in natural frequency out 7hz instead of 9hz.

Do you have links where I can learn more about the self-resonant frequency?

best regards,

Peter

PeterDraaisma:
Hi Thomas,

I made two drawings for the air circulation under the the floor.I'm looking forward for the comments. Which of the two is the best?

I'm still looking how to calculate the self-resonant frequency of the floor.

Best regards,

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version