R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Softube Trident A-Range EQ  (Read 8289 times)

adoucette

Softube Trident A-Range EQ
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »

http://softube.com/trident_arange.php

Purchased this EQ not long ago. Easily one of the best plugin purchases I've made this year. This is officially my new go-to EQ for drums, bass & guitars. It doesn't work for everything, but what it does work on it does so very very well.

I used to reach for the SSL G-Channel EQ but this is likely going to replace it. SSL has some better filers and is more flexible though so I won't abandon it completely Wink

wwittman

Re: Softube Trident A-Range EQ
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:33 AM »

I agree, except I think it may work for everything
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

adoucette

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »

Yeah man, after posting this I put it more and more to the test, aside from the filter limitations I use this on almost everything, so much life and magic in the top end of this eq!

Podgorny

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »

I purchased this based partially upon this review (and partially because it was on eBay for $120).

At this moment, if I had to choose one EQ plugin to use for everything, it would be this one. This thing and the EMI TG limiter make mixing in Pro Tools nearly enjoyable.
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

adoucette

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:24:30 AM »

Glad you are liking it! I have the TG limiter as well, though I don't find myself reaching for it much.. I think it is because every time I've reached for it it didn't work out on what I was trying to use it on. I'll give it more of a go on the next project.

Softube are making some really great plugins actually, the CL-1B is great, I haven't tried their tube tech EQ yet. Check out the Valley People Dynamite compressor as well, sounds killer.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they are modelling by Summit Audio and really want to try the new reverb they just released.

KB_S1

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »

Will need to try this out.
I have the fet compressor and, for a plugin really like it. The parallel comp blend feature doesn't behave exactly the way a pair of Aux's does but it works well in its own way.
<a href="http://www.parklanerecordingstudios.com/" class="link3">Park Lane Studio</a> Where to find me most of the time<br /><br />

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb_s1/" class="link3">Flickr</a>where to see what I have been up to  <br /><br />

adoucette

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »

KB_S1 wrote on Thu, 11 November 2010 17:42

Will need to try this out.
I have the fet compressor and, for a plugin really like it. The parallel comp blend feature doesn't behave exactly the way a pair of Aux's does but it works well in its own way.

You know I've got the FET comp as well and I've never really put it to any good use. I didn't give it much of a fighting chance I guess because I hear a lot of good reviews on it. Completely unrelated to the sound, but the visuals don't do it for me. Old 90's radio shack receiver or something, yuck.

Tried out the TG limiter a bit more and it has certainly grown on me

Littlefishjosh

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »

Old 90's radio shack receiver or something, yuck.

So funny, I hated the GUI for exactly the same reason. I thought it looked far more like an early 80s "Realistic" brand receiver purchased from Radio Shack than the 1176 that it models.

BTW, I'm glad that they have bundled these plugins, which get pretty pricey purchased solo.
Where the Stars Shop - Purveyor of Plug Ins!
Visit us at: www.littlefishaudio.com
Joshua Lewis
Owner
Toll Free: (877) 44-AUDIO (442-8246)
Cell: (305) 283-4593
email:jake@littlefishaudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.