d gauss:
nothing to do with lynn fuston btw

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2010/09/princeton_universit y_rocket_sc.html

pete andrews:
fascinating.

thanks!

-pete

Barry Hufker:
Without knowing more it seems he is using "holography".  By that I mean he is putting left channel audio in the right-hand speaker (and vice-versa) to cancel out any speaker bleed between ears.  It's an old technique that he has either revived or improved...

And it would only work well in that one listening position.

ssltech:
Falls under the general category of 'transaural' processing, which is essentially a parlor trick. -This just appears to be a more complicated version.

-As Barry says, -neither new or particularly useful, in the real world. -with one of the biggest downfalls being the need to have your head ANCHORED to within a fraction of an inch, else it all collapses. -Also, any reflective paths cause dramatic image collapse.

So -all in all- pretty exciting for those of us who don't mind being held in a straitjacket in the center of a padded room.

Keith

Berolzheimer:
Barry Hufker wrote on Tue, 05 October 2010 10:13
Without knowing more it seems he is using "holography".  By that I mean he is putting left channel audio in the right-hand speaker (and vice-versa) to cancel out any speaker bleed between ears.  It's an old technique that he has either revived or improved...

And it would only work well in that one listening position.

I think there's a lot more going on with what he's doing than that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version