R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peppermint Sine Waves Vol. I - A Hermetech Mastering Compilation (Feedback Wanted!)  (Read 3998 times)

Gregg Janman

I've today released a freely downloadable compilation album of various electronic tracks and artists I have mastered this year. It runs the gamut from mellow downtempo chill out, to heavy metal and harsh industrial, so stylistically it may not be everyone's cup of tea. There are more details and download links on my web site here:

http://hermetechmastering.com/examples.html

On this esteemed forum, I'm mostly concerned with getting feedback from mastering engineers with far more experience and better equipment than I have. If you have the time, I would really love to hear your thoughts on this album, particularly regarding the quality of the mastering. Please be honest but constructive!

My gear list, if you are interested, is also on the web site.

I'm just a beginner really, and know I have a lot to improve skill/experience/equipment wise, but I have been getting really good feedback from my clients, and I am very eager to learn more and improve the quality of my mastering.

Thanks in advance for downloading, listening or commenting,

Gregg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5050453694_449a79cb3c_z_d.jpg

Gregg Janman

Mods, please feel free to move this post to a different part of the forum if I might get more interest there.

All the best,

Gregg

Patrik T

I can't wait for Calbi's first album.

Best Regards
Patrik

Gregg Janman

And I can't wait for yours!

Rolling Eyes

urm eric

Gregg Janman wrote on Thu, 07 October 2010 00:55

Mods, please feel free to move this post to a different part of the forum if I might get more interest there.

All the best,

Gregg

Hello Gregg,

I have downloaded your PSWI files, but as yet haven't had the time to listen properly. Hopefully over the week-end ...

Cheers,

Eric
Philosophers Barn Mastering
www.phibarnmastering.co.uk

Gregg Janman

Thanks Eric, you're a star!

Every one of those tracks has been through the Pullet!

All the best,

Gregg

Andrew Hamilton

So far have only auditioned the first three tracks, but they are great.  Nicely done, all around.  Got a new electronica album!  Cool  

Saiyoonara,
Andrew
www.serifsound.com
premastering for CD and DVD-A.  Featuring FTP load in and delivery as well as analog tape transfers.

Gregg Janman

Thanks for listening and your comments Andrew.

Please do let me know what you think of the rest of the album, and the mastering etc. I mastered all the tracks over a nine month period individually, but obviously putting the album together was a lot more work, with many small adjustments needed to get the levels, gaps and "flow" just right.

Yes, a free album of great Electronica; you can't ask for more than that, and hopefully it will give the artists and my work some more exposure!

Gregg Janman

Pawnsphinx - It-Theka EP Released
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 06:32:58 AM »

Hey all,

I am very happy to announce the exclusive release on my mastering website of the "It-Theka E.P." by Pawnsphinx. Three tracks of high quality acrobatic beats and breaks, backed by sublime strings and things. Chamber music for the 21st Century! This E.P. contains all new material recorded in the latter half of 2010, and was mastered by me.

It is available as a free download in either high quality FLAC, or 320kbps mp3 zip files. More info and the download links are available here:

http://hermetechmastering.com/examples

Pawnsphinx is a refreshing electronic artist to work with, as he is as concerned with preserving dynamic range and high fidelity sound as I am (he uses ATCs for monitoring). We'd both be very keen to hear other mastering engineer's feedback on the sound quality.

I want to put dynamic range back into dance music. It sounds a lot better on a huge PA like that! Very Happy

Track Listing:

01 It-Theka
02 Hanging On To A Rising Balloon
03 Consequentially Broken

http://hermetechmastering.com/Examples/ITEPFrontCover.jpg

ggidluck

Did you say your name was Greg Calbi or was it Gregg Janman? Smile

Great job in my opinion. You seem to have a good thing going there in Japan in the electronica genre. No doubt more business is on the way!!!

Gordon
Gordon Gidluck
http://live2496.com

Gregg Janman

Thanks for your kind comments Gordon!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for more work, and hoping to work with a band in Beijing in the new year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.