R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cocteau Twins Fever  (Read 4260 times)

compasspnt

Re: Cocteau Twins Fever
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:37 AM »

"...the new rock Mecca of Columbus..."

RSettee

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 06:20:05 PM »

arconaut wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 21:38

Funny thing is I've seen Kraftwerk a few times, and for all I know they're up there playing "Doom." It's like I don't care if the joke's on me, I just love it. But other people who were at the Cocteau Twins show did love it, so maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

The Cocteau Twins were one of the 1st bands I ever recall my parents absolutely hating - and I was listening to the Dead Kennedys around that time. But they listened to so much bagpipe music, they had it coming. Smile

They hated the Cocteau Twins? Funny because they have a celestial, uplifting thing that I could see parents digging.

KB_S1

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »

RSettee wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 23:20

arconaut wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 21:38

Funny thing is I've seen Kraftwerk a few times, and for all I know they're up there playing "Doom." It's like I don't care if the joke's on me, I just love it. But other people who were at the Cocteau Twins show did love it, so maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

The Cocteau Twins were one of the 1st bands I ever recall my parents absolutely hating - and I was listening to the Dead Kennedys around that time. But they listened to so much bagpipe music, they had it coming. Smile

They hated the Cocteau Twins? Funny because they have a celestial, uplifting thing that I could see parents digging.

Bagpipes can do funny things to people.

I started hallucinating after 10 days of recording them.
Only instrument that I have had L/R phase issues with, on a mono source/playback.

Try it one day, blinking can make the whole soundstage shift.
<a href="http://www.parklanerecordingstudios.com/" class="link3">Park Lane Studio</a> Where to find me most of the time<br /><br />

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb_s1/" class="link3">Flickr</a>where to see what I have been up to  <br /><br />

RSettee

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »

Or maybe the parents just didn't like Elizabeth Fraser's non-decipherable lyrics. Literally, she sings gibberish--albeit beautiful, haunting, transcendent gibberish.  Very Happy "What the hell is this band singing about, son??? Turn it off!!"

arconaut

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »

I think it was more like, "all their songs sound the same." Dad wasn't having it, he was probably dying to put on a Martin Carthy album. Being older now, it is perhaps hard to fault that.

You Are Number Six
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.