R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rules - please give this a read before you post  (Read 10250 times)

Fletcher

Rules - please give this a read before you post
« on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:25 AM »

In Sonny Barger's Autobiography he commented "anytime there is a rule it means that someone did something to necessitate it"... and went on to site examples like "no throwing ammunition in the camp fire", "no sleeping with another member's girlfriend", and a few more I can't remember at the moment.

In Sonny's case the rules seem rather simple and plain common sense... and generally, for the majority of the time this forum has been around, we really didn't need to post "the rules" as an "announcement" as most people follow the [pretty much] unwritten guidelines.

To that end, I have deemed it necessary to write some of the unwritten for the purposes of clarification.

Simply - use your real name.  If you have something to say here, please feel free to say whatever it is you would like [however, decisions on the appropriateness of the comment is open to interpretation... and the decision of the judges is final].  

I would like everyone to be accountable for their statements, so don't post anything here you wouldn't say to someone's face.  Anonymity is a powerful tool for mis-information as well as marketing / hype dissemination.  Further, it will be greatly appreciated if you attach a link to your professional affiliation.

By professional affiliation I mean a link to your studio [if you have one], or a link to your discography if you're an independent.  A link to the company by whom you're employed [as is my case] so we can have a better understanding of your point of reference, or in some cases, biases.  

If you are a "weekend warrior" [and there is nothing wrong with that] then please add "weekend warrior" [so similar] to your signature file or the end of your post.  If you just got out of school - cool... welcome to the forum with open arms... but it will be helpful to know that you are at the entry level of the game.  It doesn't necessarily mean that anyone will look down upon your posts, but it can give other posters an idea of your level of experience and probably help them to be patient when correcting the "facts" you have been taught while at school.

If you would like to add link to a cause with which you are involved, or a cute saying, etc. -- feel free... BUT, "real name" and "professional affiliation" are mandatory.  The only exceptions [and once again, the decision of the judges is final] will be folks I've seen here [and on other forums] for a bunch of years who have a history of being respectful, and have "earned their stripes".  Some are known to me, others are not but will be "grandfathered" in until I feel a request to add "name and professional affiliation" is needed [at which point a PM will be sent with that request].

So... hopefully there aren't too many rules, and hopefully there will be no need to add any rules... basically, the hope is that no one will do anything that will indeed necessitate the installation of additional rules... so, if you could use a bit of "common sense" and refrain from throwing life ammunition into a fire, and we won't have to jot down that rule.

Peace.

CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.