R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad News...Michael Been passed away.  (Read 1352 times)

Infrasonicsound

Sad News...Michael Been passed away.
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »

Michael was an amazing talent, as well as one of the funniest guys I've met. He will be missed.

MICHAEL BEEN, the former leader of The Call, passed away of cardiac arrest Thursday night in Hasselt, Belgium, following a performance by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the Pukkelpop Music Festival. He was just 60, and had no history of heart problems. For the last several years, Been had been doing front-of-house sound for the band, which was co-founded by his son, Robert Levon Been. An Oklahoma native, Been formed The Call in Santa Cruz, CA, in 1980, recording 10 albums during the following 20 years. The most successful of these was 1986s Reconciled (Elektra), which featured contributions from The Bands Robbie Robertson and Garth Hudson, Simple Minds Jim Kerr and early fan Peter Gabriel. Been also recorded a solo LP, 1994s On the Verge of a Nervous Breakthrough, and played the role of the apostle John in Martin Scorseses 1988 film The Last Temptation of Christ. Among his best-known songs are The Walls Came Down, Everywhere I Go, I Still Believe (Great Design) and the chart-topping Let the Day Begin, which was used by Al Gore as his 2000 campaign song. (8/19p)
Pete Lyman
Infrasonic Sound Recording Co.
infrasonicsound.com

compasspnt

Re: Sad News...Michael Been passed away.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »

Michael was a great talent, and a very nice guy.

This is awful news.

RIP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.