R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: LA studio owner loses business & is homeless  (Read 12051 times)

Jay Kadis

Re: LA studio owner loses business & is homeless
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »

Mike Peake wrote on Fri, 17 September 2010 13:11

Meg Whitman, republican running for California Governor, states that she will trash welfare. I myself am on the welfare side of things, and see people all around who are as well. Meg would be creating a very bad social situation, which always costs in terms of lives and trouble, lowering the social situation for all but the exceptionally rich.

Which has long been the republican's goal. Ahnold just cut CA mental health care budgets by 60%, get that, more than half...these actions ultimately have effects upon everyone, not only the fact that you must judge a culture by how it treats its weak.

Just sayin'.
Reagan started the ball rolling, discharging patients from places like Napa State Hospital among other cutbacks in social services. That ball's been rolling downhill ever since. Result: the homeless population exploded.

bblackwood

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Fri, 17 September 2010 21:40

Mike Peake wrote on Fri, 17 September 2010 13:11

Meg Whitman, republican running for California Governor, states that she will trash welfare. I myself am on the welfare side of things, and see people all around who are as well. Meg would be creating a very bad social situation, which always costs in terms of lives and trouble, lowering the social situation for all but the exceptionally rich.

Which has long been the republican's goal. Ahnold just cut CA mental health care budgets by 60%, get that, more than half...these actions ultimately have effects upon everyone, not only the fact that you must judge a culture by how it treats its weak.

Just sayin'.
Reagan started the ball rolling, discharging patients from places like Napa State Hospital among other cutbacks in social services. That ball's been rolling downhill ever since. Result: the homeless population exploded.

And in the worst way - populated by those who simply cannot help themselves.

Really sad.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Edvaard

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2010, 02:35:44 AM »

Schwarzenegger isn't the only governor making cuts in desperate fashion. It's unavoidable for these times. I don't envy that position at all and I'm not sure who could do much better in these circumstances.

As for that eBay lady ...

She is responsible (from her time at Hasbro) for the importation of Teletubbies.

We DO need to think through our immigration laws more carefully.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2010, 06:53:24 AM »

Edvaard wrote on Sat, 18 September 2010 02:35

She is responsible (from her time at Hasbro) for the importation of Teletubbies.

That evil bitch!

I heard watching those guys could make you gay...

Perhaps this was part of a far reaching plot to have more LGBT Republicans?
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

RMoore

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 01:43:14 AM »

MDM, wrote on Mon, 13 September 2010 19:06

I saw more relaxed smiles in Bruxelles than I did in any other city I visited in the last few years

and lets not forget all the EU employees with money to spend and free time on their hands..

there are also good musicians, which I think is an indication of a middle class which spends money on entertainment (leisure)

There is a big Euro middle class but a bigger factor IMO are the significant amounts of cash which flow from State and municipal coffers to fund 'culture' eg: music, art, dance, theatre with, I suppose, the underlying principle being to supply the people with exposure to culture.

This is why for example a typical 400-700cap type venue in Holland, Belgium, Germany etc might have a week of bookings featuring everything from black metal to electronic dance music to Romanian Gypsy music - the operating budgets tend to be partly subsidized.

I lived for nigh on 2 decades in Europe (Netherlands) and am getting out in order to escape the growing negative atmosphere of Holland & Kafkaesque bureaucracies / meddling which plagues most West European societies.
People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

bruno putzeys

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2010, 03:57:18 AM »

Yup lots of babies getting thrown out lately and we're still inundated in bath water. Politician's conclusion: throw out more babies. 's Bound to work some day.
Warp Drive. Tractor Beam. Room Correction. Whatever.

Affiliations: Hypex, Grimm Audio.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.