R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gearslutz  (Read 10867 times)

MDM,

Re: Goddamn gearslutz
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »

Yikes! that's pretty wild
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

ktownson

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »

Soul patch for R&B...
"World Boogie is coming." James Luther Dickinson

arconaut

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 09:29:47 AM »

When I started working with digital, I colored my face with a green marker, it totally works.
You Are Number Six

Podgorny

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:53 AM »

Gio wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 19:42

What are you talking? Hats with a brim? How wide? Fedora, Cowboy, or Sombrero? Oops, almost forgot Bowler.

Fine.  Laugh it up.  The sky ain't blue either.

"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

Gio

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 11:16:49 AM »

Giovanni Fusco

On Staff Here

My Place

Press record. Enjoy!

JGauthier

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »

jetbase wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 20:02

euphonic hairstyle.

If that isn't a name for a band, I have NO IDEA what is!

And the mohawk for stereo imaging and soul patch for R&B... Holy crap.

I had one ear pierced many years ago... I now wonder if that was why I couldn't get any mixes/tracks sold... Earring reflections screwing with my stereo frequencies- the left side always sounded a little brighter- ESPECIALLY if I wore a hoop and not a stud.

Also- dont forget not to SMILE during mixing... all those teeth are a reflective nightmare!

Podgorny

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

Here's the truth with all this hairstyle/hat/glasses goofiness.

The shape of your noggin and your outer ears contribute DIRECTLY to what you perceive as normal sound.  If you change these things, you will hear differently.
Wearing a hat changes how things sound, and since I don't usually wear a hat, I choose to not wear it when I have to listen closely.

I suppose that if one wears glasses, depending on the size of the frames, it could have some effect on what they hear, but if they wear them regularly, they're used to how the world sounds with them on.

So really, it's not THAT ridiculous.
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

ktownson

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »

Yeah?

index.php/fa/15261/0/

"World Boogie is coming." James Luther Dickinson

Berolzheimer

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 12:45:22 AM »

While every other item on that list shows certain ridiculousness, I agree with Kyle- I hear differently with my glasses on vs. off, & as someone who wears them about half the time, I usually mix with them off.  Unless of course I need to see the meters on some piece of outboard more than a few feet away.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

jetbase

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 01:10:10 AM »

Berolzheimer wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 14:45

While every other item on that list shows certain ridiculousness, I agree with Kyle- I hear differently with my glasses on vs. off, & as someone who wears them about half the time, I usually mix with them off.  Unless of course I need to see the meters on some piece of outboard more than a few feet away.

Do you hear a difference between glasses on & off with your eyes closed (asking seriously)?
sleep is not an option

jwhynot: "There's a difference between thinking or acting dogmatically and drawing from experience."

Glenn Santry
http://www.myspace.com/glennsantry

Andy Peters

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:25 AM »

Podgorny wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 14:10

JGauthier wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 13:36

Glasses ruining mixes. Holy fucking sheep shit.

Okay, yes.  Gearslutz is ridiculous. But have you never put on a hat and noticed a change in sound?

If you are mixing monitors for a country singer, you should wear a hat while ringing out wedges.

I am not joking.

-a
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

nCole

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »

Andy Peters wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 02:56

Podgorny wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 14:10

JGauthier wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 13:36

Glasses ruining mixes. Holy fucking sheep shit.

Okay, yes.  Gearslutz is ridiculous. But have you never put on a hat and noticed a change in sound?

If you are mixing monitors for a country singer, you should wear a hat while ringing out wedges.

I am not joking.

-a

or blues... just experienced this again last night. i've heard hats and glasses both do it.

Podgorny

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »

Quote:

So i've got a 3124 and I definately like the fidelity, but the tone isn't quite my thing. I'm thinking I want something more earthy and round in the lower mids...just warmer in general I guess. I'm looking at the following pre's and wondering if it'll get me where I wanna go, or looking for other suggestions:

Vintech 1272 - heard one in a studio I recorded and sounded awesome of my buddies Triple Rec, no experience past that

Warmer?
Triple Rec? Awesome?

Berolzheimer

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »

jetbase wrote on Tue, 17 August 2010 22:10

Berolzheimer wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 14:45

Do you hear a difference between glasses on & off with your eyes closed (asking seriously)?

Yes.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

JGauthier

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »

Actually guys- its is absolutely ridiculous.

If wearing glasses is negatively affecting your mix- you suck. Literally SUCK as an engineer and should quit.

The people defending this are just internet debaters. Glasses do NOT screw your mix up. If you REALLY think putting glasses on screws the mix up- you are not a real engineer. Or at least you dont get much legit work. PERIOD.

Its sad when something so stupid is defended like its a REAL consideration...

If you want to argue that there is a potential for the glasses to affect a sound wave- OF COURSE THATS TRUE... BUT- to say it negatively affects your ability to critically listen- your are 100% full of shit.

The whole internet Jedi thing is completely out of control.

In closing- if you defend this concept "glasses adversely affect mix" you are an idiot and lying about being a real recording engineer for a living.

Period.

Seriously.

Bullshit.

I call shennanigans...

The defenders should go log into gearslutz where bullshit is the food of the day...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.