R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Focusrite Liquid Channel  (Read 9847 times)

jfrigo

Re: Focusrite Liquid Channel
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2004, 12:08:50 PM »

lowland wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 02:07

not noticed it, and neither has any other Sintefex owner that I'm aware of. If Bob says he can both hear and measure it then I don't doubt him for a moment, though I do wonder whether the unit he had was working correctly. I'd be interested to get thoughts on this from people like Jay Frigoletto, Jonathan Wyner, Noah Mintz and Dave Collins. Especially DC, who AFAIK has never commented publicly apart from the quote on the Sintefex website: what's your take on this technology - do you use the Sintefex much these days?

I like the Sintefex boxes. The main reason I got it was that it was the first compressor in the digital domain that I heard that was useable. Also, it gives you a great variety of possible sounds and colors and the ability to add analog style non-linearities in the digital domain far better than any plug-ins that I've heard. Even though the compresion first caught my attention, the EQ turned out to be quite nice as well. They also offer M/S operation (for both EQ & dynamics) and linear phase EQ. It's a powerful and flexible tool, and though I use it less than some other units I own (still enjoying my analog path), I wouldn't want to be without it.

As for the Liquid channel, the brief experience I had with it seemed positive. It certainly was flexible and could sound good. Whether it sounds exactly like your example of whatever unit it is mimicking, I can't say, but it certainly is extraordinarily versatile and useful. I can't imagine that people will stop buying Neve modules, but I wouldn't mind having a Liquid Channnel in the rack next to all the other cool preamps. These units aren't replacements in my estimation, rather additions. I didn't sell all my analog gear when I got the Sintefex after all, but it sure did expand my pallette and has proven valuable on many sessions. I'm not aware of another box with as many possible colors presented all in one place.

Lynn Fuston

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2004, 07:43:20 PM »

Jay,

Your link to your site is missing the h.

ttp://www......

Just thought I'd let you know that there are people out here interested in checking it out.

jfrigo

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2004, 12:53:46 AM »

Lynn Fuston wrote on Mon, 16 August 2004 16:43

Jay,

Your link to your site is missing the h.

ttp://www......

Just thought I'd let you know that there are people out here interested in checking it out.

Can't imagine how that happened. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Lynn!

Barish

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2004, 01:45:14 PM »

A crosslateral discussion is also taking place here by the way, for those who are interested in some further reading.
M Ozturk
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.