R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: This will piss off J.J. Blair so much.  (Read 31362 times)

marcel

Re: This will piss off J.J. Blair so much.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »

breathe wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 10:10

And by the way, if you think I've been posting the way I do on this forum for 8 years and not care about what I'm talking about, WTF?  This is the only thing I care about.

Nicholas

That's sad, man.
Best, Marcel

Fibes

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »

CWHumphrey wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 14:04

Since what I originally offered seems to have made the "No Fly List", I just offer this:

Nicholas, you just keep being you.  

and J.J., you just keep being you (and I know you know what I mean).

Cheers,

Ditto.

FWIW that guitar tone is 100% Royal Trux first rekkerd.

They were huge in the slacker cheap weed and cheaper heroin scene.

Fibes
-------------------------------------------------
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

Podgorny

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 12:13

The problem is that even though he'd get his clock cleaned in any discussion, his myopia  would allow him to consider himself the victor.

I know this is a bad thing, but I can't help but wonder if Nicholas is happier in his little fantasy world.

Frankly, I don't know why he doesn't just start posting on Gearslutz "Where you're right - Even when you're wrong!".
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

J.J. Blair

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »

CWHumphrey wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 11:04

Since what I originally offered seems to have made the "No Fly List", I just offer this:

Nicholas, you just keep being you.  

and J.J., you just keep being you (and I know you know what I mean).

Cheers,

Carter, Fletcher took down Nicolas' post basically blaming the state of the industry on me, because I worked with Rod Stewart.  Little does he know that most of my working with Rod Stewart consisted of watching YOU work with Rod Stewart.  LOL.

And I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Rod for paying my mortgage for a while, as well as affording me the opportunity to grow my mic locker and outboard gear.  I'm sure Carter would like to thank Rod for his Grammy, too.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

L Ron

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

Nice to hear stuff you're working on breathe. You could've just titled the thread New Music or something without mentioning JJ? I don't know him personally but I'm pretty sure that people posting their stuff doesn't piss him off. I like the questions/rants/whatever that you post because it comes from a good place and alot of the time it's real interesting, but you gotta respect guys like JJ, all the moderators, and actively working ("old gaurd" as you said) guys who REALLY know their shit and give super well informed answers to people's questions etc.

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »

Quote:

New record.

http://www.post-consumer.com/Z4/Z4B1.mp3

my mom said if i didn't have anything nice to say i should keep my mouth shut, so i'll be quiet.

she also said she's pretty sure that didn't need to go on for anywhere near 9 minutes, and the singer sounds like someone's standing on his foot.

breathe wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 04:56

The last ten years of popular music recordings have been absolutely horrible.

maybe yours have. lots of other people have been making terrific records all along. sorry to disappoint you.

Kassonica

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 13 August 2010 02:04

I had nothing to do with that song that Nicolas posted.  But I did make this one, on black faces ADATs, of all things, in a log cabin, of all places.  Of all the recordings I've ever done, this is the one I would want to be remembered for.  I took this picture, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXkh77LaZns

AWESOME stuff....

Thanks for posting this.

Mark Ludwig

Should have been a Drummer

itsapleasure

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »

I would probably go as far to say that the last 25 years of popular music were questionable, but really we're talking about POP music and we're talking about the music, not the engineering right?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Last I checked big Nick, is that you're an up and coming engineer.  Engineering (AFAIC) is about the CRAFT and the SCIENCE first.  Your beef with most folks around here seems to be more about taste which to me is kinda missing the point... I let that kinda stuff get to me in my twenties (as a musician)  and it prevented me from learning a shit-ton about music and life.  

I'm not going to talk shit about your record (i'm into shit far more out-there than that), but it sounds to me like you need to spend some time learning about the music making process (not just the engineering) in order for your production to grow.  Once you have a firm grasp on the whole deal, maybe people will appreciate your angle (which I think isn't all that bad IMO).  

I'm all for opinions, and I think yours are totally fine, just make sure you can back it up!

Hallams

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »

Kassonica wrote on Fri, 13 August 2010 10:47

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 13 August 2010 02:04

I had nothing to do with that song that Nicolas posted.  But I did make this one, on black faces ADATs, of all things, in a log cabin, of all places.  Of all the recordings I've ever done, this is the one I would want to be remembered for.  I took this picture, too.

AWESOME stuff....

Thanks for posting this.

+1
Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

CWHumphrey

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 15:19

Carter, Fletcher took down Nicolas' post basically blaming the state of the industry on me, because I worked with Rod Stewart.  Little does he know that most of my working with Rod Stewart consisted of watching YOU work with Rod Stewart.  LOL.

I miss you too.

Cheers,
Carter William Humphrey

"Indeed...oh three named one!" -Terry Manning
"Or you can just have Carter do the recording, because he's Humphrey."-J.J. Blair

itsapleasure

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 11:28:39 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 18:19

Carter, Fletcher took down Nicolas' post basically blaming the state of the industry on me, because I worked with Rod Stewart.

I can see that...   Breathe finally says something truly on point and it gets taken down?

WTF?

JJ, thanks for posting the Johnny Cash tune... that was some beautiful work all around.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »

CWHumphrey wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 20:03

I miss you too.

Cheers,

Carter, I promise we'll go to hockey games this year.  I miss hanging with you.  I'm all domesticated with my g/f, and we hang out together all the time, unlike the ex-wife.  LOL.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

NelsonL

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »

Podgorny wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 13:59

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 12:13

The problem is that even though he'd get his clock cleaned in any discussion, his myopia  would allow him to consider himself the victor.

I know this is a bad thing, but I can't help but wonder if Nicholas is happier in his little fantasy world.

Frankly, I don't know why he doesn't just start posting on Gearslutz "Where you're right - Even when you're wrong!".

I think this was already posted in the Saloon, but man is it great:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/20/the-anosogno sics-dilemma-1/

J.J. Blair

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »

Quoted for emphasis (and for Nicolas):

“Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties of Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-assessments.”

“When people are incompetent in the strategies they adopt to achieve success and satisfaction, they suffer a dual burden: Not only do they reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the ability to realize it.”
studio info

MI

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 12:04

Thanks J.J.

The minute my daughter heard it playing she ran over and sat on my lap.
She saw the picture and layed her head on me too...the moment was worth a million $$'s.

Mario
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.