R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: This will piss off J.J. Blair so much.  (Read 31347 times)

breathe

Re: This will piss off J.J. Blair so much.
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2010, 06:09:44 AM »

This thread should have been deleted a long time ago.  I have no more beef with J.J., or interest in starting fights with people here in general.

Nicholas

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »

This thread should have been "edited-deleted"  or "differently-titled" before it was posted____  Not thrown out and around and then swept up by the adults..

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »

Bubba Kron wrote on Wed, 29 December 2010 07:42

For Nick Sevilla!!!   It actually sounds good, I really like the song!!  This was before he brickwalled everything like the other track!!!  Still, BEST THREAD EVER!!

Hi Bubba.

It was not me, making that song post.

breathe(r) is also named nicolas.

Although I suspect that is the only thing we might have in common.

Thoroughly confused,

Nick Sevilla
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »

I was just responding to your posts saying you wanted to hear some of breathe's work, thats why I bumped the thread.  Sorry if I did in a confusing manner!!

Cheers

Nick Sevilla wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 12:52

Bubba Kron wrote on Wed, 29 December 2010 07:42

For Nick Sevilla!!!   It actually sounds good, I really like the song!!  This was before he brickwalled everything like the other track!!!  Still, BEST THREAD EVER!!

Hi Bubba.

It was not me, making that song post.

breathe(r) is also named nicolas.

Although I suspect that is the only thing we might have in common.

Thoroughly confused,

Nick Sevilla

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

plughead

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »

itsapleasure wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 20:55

I would probably go as far to say that the last 25 years of popular music were questionable, but really we're talking about POP music and we're talking about the music, not the engineering right?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Last I checked big Nick, is that you're an up and coming engineer.  Engineering (AFAIC) is about the CRAFT and the SCIENCE first.  Your beef with most folks around here seems to be more about taste which to me is kinda missing the point... I let that kinda stuff get to me in my twenties (as a musician)  and it prevented me from learning a shit-ton about music and life.  

I'm not going to talk shit about your record (i'm into shit far more out-there than that), but it sounds to me like you need to spend some time learning about the music making process (not just the engineering) in order for your production to grow.  Once you have a firm grasp on the whole deal, maybe people will appreciate your angle (which I think isn't all that bad IMO).  

I'm all for opinions, and I think yours are totally fine, just make sure you can back it up!

agreed.

Tho this thread might've turned out differently if the title was less confrontational, I think the music posted by Breathe is as valid as any non-"popular" recording. It reminds me of a variety of many art-rock bands - 'good' or 'bad' lies strictly on your personal taste, and we all know there is no accounting for taste in music and it's fans.

I know Nicholas invited debate at the onset of this thread, and even if he retracted his initial stance towards JJ, it seems inviting mayhem is his manner. That is fine, tho as mentioned by others, might not be the best approach to gain popularity with what you choose to record and how to present it - esp. in a forum of engineers...

A modicum of respect and willingness to learn often seems to be lost in the current crop of AE's: oh well, tough titty - it's Fletcher's forum, and he can run the show how he wishes. Suffice to say, I extend my appreciation of non-commercial music with what Nicholas chooses to record, but his lack of tact and inability to 'grow' when amongst such esteemed company often has me scratch my head. I sure miss seeing that dancing video tho - shame it's been pulled from YouTube - I wonder why?!?

Happy Holidays, and a healthy, safe and prosperous New Year to all!

N. Jay Burr
PlugHead Productions

rankus

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 03:43:33 PM »

Actually I think Nicholas has "grown" considerably in the time he has been here... both in his conduct and his recording.  I'm quite proud of this forum for being tolerant and "going out of it's way" to pass along wisdom to ALL comers.

Keep it up Nicholas!  (and forum)

Happy New Year!

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

J.J. Blair

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »

breathe wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 03:09

This thread should have been deleted a long time ago.  I have no more beef with J.J., or interest in starting fights with people here in general.

Nicholas

Cheers!  Happy new year.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Nizzle

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 09:34

breathe wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 03:09

Nicholas

Cheers!  Happy new year.  

Smile

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »

Bubba Kron wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 13:04

I was just responding to your posts saying you wanted to hear some of breathe's work, thats why I bumped the thread.  Sorry if I did in a confusing manner!!

Cheers

Hi Bubba,

I did listen to that one, and then went back to listen to the previous posted tune, the one my son abhorred.

There is an improvement in that I can make out what is going on better, between the last piece, and this latest one.

Perhaps Nicholas is learning something.
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

MagnetoSound

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »

Bloody hell ...

Look, I came in here for a good argument!

So far, there's been a track from Nicholas that nobody really likes or dislikes, a half-arsed row about Rod Stewart which we can't even read, some tears and nice anecdotes about Johnny Cash and now everybody's friends again!

Apparently, Nicholas has mellowed out because he's learned something and JJ's mellowed because he's over 40 and loves his missis.

This is bullshit!  Frown

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Jason Poff

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »

HA!

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »

You guys are too much!!!  Too funny!!!!
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »

Yeah but, at least we got through a whole thread with out some one using the word "paradigm"!!!   That is amazing!!!!!

MagnetoSound wrote on Wed, 05 January 2011 15:12

Bloody hell ...

Look, I came in here for a good argument!

So far, there's been a track from Nicholas that nobody really likes or dislikes, a half-arsed row about Rod Stewart which we can't even read, some tears and nice anecdotes about Johnny Cash and now everybody's friends again!

Apparently, Nicholas has mellowed out because he's learned something and JJ's mellowed because he's over 40 and loves his missis.

This is bullshit!  Frown

compasspnt

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2011, 06:13:03 PM »

Bubba, does the exclamation point key on your computer stick?????

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »

You are not the first to bring this up!!!  My exclamation points are kind of like Pat Metheney- at first it seems annoying and weird, but after a while you actually begin to like it, then eventually you begin to LOVE it!!!

Honestly, Ive always had a little bit of a stutter- thats where my name comes from (b-b-b-bryan got shortened to Bubba.)  So maybe i'm compensating for that sub-conciously, I cant really explain it.   But will do my best to contain the madness!!  

There is a master plan here, and yes I just pulled the speech impedement card!!!     Wink  

compasspnt wrote on Thu, 06 January 2011 15:13

Bubba, does the exclamation point key on your computer stick?????

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.