R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Theft From My Shop: David John Hinson Pleads No Contest, is Sentenced  (Read 67688 times)

mgod

Re: Theft From My Shop: David John Hinson Pleads No Contest, is Sentenced
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »

Hinson stole 2 V-72s from me. I sent them to him in December of 2004 for some simple maintenance. In April he said he was finished and asked me to Paypal him $160.00. I said that was ridiculously low but he insisted it was sufficient. Then he called right back and said he needed more for shipping. I gave him my FedEx number. End of chapter - no V-72s ever arrived.

The following August he called me at Larrabee East and said he'd heard I never received them and started passing blame around, primarily accusing his wife. Even when he moved to LA he maintained the story and promised he'd replace them for me. I believed him.

If anyone can help me track them I'd appreciate it. These were my favorite Bass DI - e.g. "Black Cadillac". So if anyone knows someone who might have bought a V-72 or two from Hinson in the first part of 2005, they are most likely mine.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

mgod

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »

PS - what John Stephens could have given us...

In 1982 he showed me a video projector in his shop that it took another 25 years for the big companies to equal.

DS

mgod

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

I found this guy via one of David Kulka's links:

http://redwoodcoastmusic.com/

He bought a V72 from Hinson off of ebay. So far he doesn't answer his phone.

DS

mgod

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »

No, it wasn't mine. Oh well.

RSettee

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »

Did you get a tracking number then, Dan? Couldn't you have seen where it made it to, if indeed it was at all shipped? Did you get any money back via insurance from FedEx?

mgod

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »

I didn't know it was really stolen until this all came out - until this I believed his story.

Roundbadge

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »

Sorry to hear about your hassle David.
Serious bummer about John.
what a waste.
Heartbreaking and shocking.
I'd heard some bad stories about him prior to our meeting but went with the benefit of a doubt.seemed like such a sweet talented guy.I really liked hanging out with him and talking gear/potential designs,etc
he made me 4 RS124's in an extermely timely manner and was going to make me some pre amps and talked of some super cool EQ designs...communication was great.
some of my favorite compressors.
seemed like he was really on the up and up and getting his thing together here in LA.

Almost gave him my V76's for repair but for whatever reasons he didn't take them and then dropped off the face of the planet.
couldn't get ahold of him.
guess I got lucky.
Hunter F. C.

Berolzheimer

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »

I just stumbled upon a post from Mr. Hinson in the Abbey Road thread, I found his sig to be, well, ironic:
index.php/fa/15272/0/

Here's hoping John gets the help he needs & can return to being a decent human, and can continue to contribute his genius & be rewarded properly and legitimately for his contributions.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Howard B.

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Howard and I am the appointed Power Of Attorney for David John Hinson.  

I read with interest the various armchair diagnoses and judgements written here and I feel obliged to set the record a little straighter.  In writing, my aim is not to gain sympathy, nor make excuses. I am only concerned with the facts.

Mr J.J. Blair is correct in speculating that David suffered from clinical depression in the past – I can confirm that this has been so for the better part of 25 years.  

But this is where the correctness of the speculated psychology diagnoses end.

One month ago, David underwent complete neurological tests in the UK.  
The preliminary diagnosis was one of Complex Partial Seizures and, following an MR scan to determine to cause of these seizures, it was determined that David suffers from Mesial Temporal Lobe Sclerosis.  This, in short, is damage to the brain cells in the temporal lobe. The damage is almost certainly a result of suffering a head trauma some years ago.

Should medications fail to control the episodes, and thus far they have failed to control them, the treatment for this condition is then surgery.  The surgery performed is a temporal lobectomy which involves removing part of the temporal lobe.

Now, should you care to know what all this means, a quick google search of ‘Complex Partial Seizures’, and particularly those caused by ‘Mesial Temporal Lobe Sclerosis’, just might explain some of David’s strange behaviour in recent years.

I would like to add at this point that David in every way possible takes full responsibility for his actions.  
Indeed, despite being advised by his Neurologist that it is very typical for people with this condition to exhibit strange behaviours, blackouts and personality changes, David’s stance, simply stated, is that ‘to not take complete and full responsibility, is to deny the existence of part of himself, however distasteful that part may be.’

(Edited out for poor judgement)

Yours sincerely.

Berolzheimer

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »

Wow.

Well, for what it's worth, Howard, I am an American citizen and have long been ashamed of and frustrated by how we treat our inmates and detainees, for all the reasons you outlined and more.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Eric H.

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »

Regarding censorship, I doubt very much that the post will be removed, as it gives a new light to this particular thread that I remember following last year.
I find it great that Howard took the time to set the record straight concerning the health of his client.
eric harizanos

J.J. Blair

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 08:20:51 PM »

Thanks for the update, Howard.  Even though I was unhappy with what John did to friends of mine, up until that point, I had considered him a friend, and I do care about him getting treatment, for whatever ails him.

I don't think anybody here thinks we have a great penal system, but I don't see why you have to take the opportunity to bash the US over it, and claim UK superiority.  Let ye without sin cast the first stone.  

I hope John finds the correct treatment, and gets a chance to make restitution to the people he's harmed.  I'd like to see him be able to take advantage of his genius, and that can only happen by making full amends.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

mgod

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:18 PM »

Dear Howard,

Yes, our prison system stinks. Many do.

Do what you will about this assertion - despite my friendship to him and my efforts to help him, David/John stole from me and then pinned the blame on his wife. I hope he gets better in the remnant of the glorious British Empire, and he then can make some form of restitution to those of us whom he damaged.

Its good to have an answer. Not so good to see a demand for sympathy expressed this way. We have an expression here in the colonies - "adding insult to injury".

Your choice to grant or not grant forgiveness has little to do with the facts with which you're concerned.

Bill Mueller

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:55 AM »

Hello Howard,

This is not an anonymous forum. For all we know you are David Hinson himself in Barrister drag. If you want to be taken seriously yourself and your plea for pity for David to be taken as presented, please identify yourself beyond the laughingly anonymous label of Howard B.

And sir, scolding honest, hard working victims of crime is not professional in any country, which makes me question your credentials.

Best regards,

Bill Mueller
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

Phil Mayor

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »

Agreed.

Until you identify yourself your postings are meaningless.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.