R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you happy, or disgusted?  (Read 19244 times)

Bill_Urick

Re: Are you happy, or disgusted?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 07:46:41 AM »

I did a quick comparison a while back between the Apex460 and two 1200s-one a 47 mod and one a 49. Just acoustic guitar and male vox.

While I preferred the modded ones, the un-modded 460 was perfectly acceptable. As you have proven here!

(My ear and mind say "proven" and one source at least validates that, though "proved" seems to have a greater following. Perhaps p could pop in and enlighten us as the the etymology of this pesky verb.)
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

compasspnt

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »

Both "proved" and "proven" are past participles of "prove," and both are acceptable.

But "proven" is most correctly used when modifying another word (such as in "His recording technique is a proven method," wherein "proven" modifies "method"); "proved" is best used when referring to the person doing the deed (such as in "He has proved his technique is good," wherein "proved" refers to "he").

sirfun

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 05:51:32 PM »

I hate to admit it but, yes.

nCole

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »

Hallams wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 19:57

I deliberatley thought about and sought out the things that feed me and so to speak, feed my soul. My own guitar playing was something that was healing for me, a walk in the bush of an evening, fixing up a cheap small boat and going fishing. Part of this was also simply learning how to breathe deeply and relax by slowing down all the thoughts in my head. I just had to make a point of stopping once in a while and letting it all go.

This is great advice. It may seem counterproductive to occasionally take a break from life when you are feeling so far behind but I've found it essential. A balanced diet and regular exercise can go a long way towards helping you stay in the mental game. I've been in this rut before and a lot of my close friends have as well and what helped some of them was a change in career or location. I've also found that I've had to limit my exposure to the national and world news. And hand select the news outlets when I do read. It's so easy for me to start feeling hopeless and angry at what's happening in the world but getting angry is not going to change anything. It just weighs me down and adds to my base level of stress. Also, when you go for that walk in the evening try looking up at the sky. Looking down at the ground too much keeps my head in my problems.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Sat, 07 August 2010 09:51

Both "proved" and "proven" are past participles of "prove," and both are acceptable.

But "proven" is most correctly used when modifying another word (such as in "His recording technique is a proven method," wherein "proven" modifies "method"); "proved" is best used when referring to the person doing the deed (such as in "He has proved his technique is good," wherein "proved" refers to "he").

So in this instance, "proved" would have been the most correct.
Alas, I chose poorly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKOckpO1WA8

I'm a little concerned about Adam. He hasn't been around for a bit.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »

Heard from Adam.
Back at work and doin' ok.

JDNelson

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »

I like what Mick Jagger said way back when when an interviewer asked him cheekily if he got any satisfaction... he said "trying, definitely trying".  Man, I know that feeling.  Got the tee shirt to prove it.

sirfun

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »

sirfun wrote on Sat, 07 August 2010 14:51

I hate to admit it but, yes.

whoo-o.k. now i get it..............

Samc

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 07:21:34 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 23:24

The all out take over is coming. Better convert and start facing Mecca now, before it is too late.

Most people here have stepped around these comments but I'm personally disgusted by your obvious ethnic baiting and attempt to blame muslims and immigrants for your problems.  
Sam Clayton

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »

Samc wrote on Fri, 15 October 2010 06:21

The all out take over is coming. Better convert and start facing Mecca now, before it is too late.

Most people here have stepped around these comments but I'm personally disgusted by your obvious ethnic baiting and attempt to blame muslims and immigrants for your problems.  

I do regret having made those comments. No offense intended. I now realize extremist muslim terrorists are a good thing, and everyone that isn't one should die that are near the one that blows them up, with a suicide bomb, when they're just enjoying being alive. I hate it when one blows themselves up and doesn't kill anyone. What a tard. No virgins for that idiot.
Laughing
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Samc

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 01:04:51 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Sat, 16 October 2010 21:46

Samc wrote on Fri, 15 October 2010 06:21

I do regret having made those comments. No offense intended. I now realize extremist muslim terrorists are a good thing, and everyone that isn't one should die that are near the one that blows them up, with a suicide bomb, when they're just enjoying being alive. I hate it when one blows themselves up and doesn't kill anyone. What a tard. No virgins for that idiot.
Your inference that (all) muslims are extremist terrorists was made after careful study I'm sure it sounds very educated.  What about xenophobes and bigots, tell me something about them....
Sam Clayton

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 01:28:10 AM »

How do you tell a good one from a bad one? They look exactly the same. This is how; you just have to wait for the bad one to get caught, by law enforcement/military authorities, blowing shit up, and killing innocent people. The only way to end it is by the general Muslim population themselves to stop being indifferent/bias to & in favor of the extremists terrorist Muslims, and turn them in or take them out themselves. One would think, by association, both being Muslim, the extremist causing the good, normal, kind, & gracious Muslims such grief, they would want to clear the mess up themselves and get back some respect in the world. So, how do you tell a good one from a bad one when the good one tolerates the bad one?
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

jetbase

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 01:54:14 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 19 October 2010 16:28

How do you tell a good one from a bad one? They look exactly the same. This is how; you just have to wait for the bad one to get caught, by law enforcement/military authorities, blowing shit up, and killing innocent people. The only way to end it is by the general Muslim population themselves to stop being indifferent/bias to & in favor of the extremists terrorist Muslims, and turn them in or take them out themselves. One would think, by association, both being Muslim, the extremist causing the good, normal, kind, & gracious Muslims such grief, they would want to clear the mess up themselves and get back some respect in the world. So, how do you tell a good one from a bad one when the good one tolerates the bad one?

That's probably exactly what "they" say. One possible aid to a solution that I can think of is to somehow remove the idea of "us" & "them". It's a dangerous idea I think.
sleep is not an option

jwhynot: "There's a difference between thinking or acting dogmatically and drawing from experience."

Glenn Santry
http://www.myspace.com/glennsantry

MagnetoSound

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »

I don't really know what the title of this thread is specifically referring to, but I am disgusted at most of what I see going on around me at the moment.

How far down into this shit-hole do we have to climb before we can say 'enough is enough'?

I manage to temper this emotion with laughter and frivolity whenever I can, but it's becoming more like hard work to do so.

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Jay Kadis

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »

MagnetoSound wrote on Tue, 19 October 2010 06:04

I manage to temper this emotion with laughter and frivolity whenever I can, but it's becoming more like hard work to do so.

Turn off the television and things immediately improve.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.