R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you happy, or disgusted?  (Read 19358 times)

Adam The Truck Driver

Are you happy, or disgusted?
« on: August 03, 2010, 12:21:42 PM »

Is it just me, or has mere existence in the world become such an ordeal that it isn't

worth the hassle? I wake up, and wonder whats going to go wrong today, that will cost

me more than I have to give. I don't even have any credit card debt, or a house

payment. If I did, game over. Seems though just to live and breathe today I need at

least $1,200.00 a week just to scrape by, working myself to a frazzle and just

getting the utilities, and few payments I do have paid, saving little to nothing as

there isn't anything left to save usually in a typical week. However if I do get some

money built up in the bank, after months of penny pinching, something always

happens to drain it all and then some. Is life supposed be like this? What is the

point? The government wants their end too, and I don't have it. I have to borrow

money just to get back to work after this last disaster. Retirement is never going to

happen for me I know. Then there are those that want all us infidels dead anyway

who are going to be taking over the entire world in the not too distant future I

expect, based on birth rate statistics. They're imported but then, that gives us a new

war later, right here. So, thats a plus, right? EDIT: In the USA. Europe I understand is

a look at the future for the US.
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

compasspnt

Re: Are you happy, or disgusted?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »

Adam, every single one of us has problems. Sorry to hear yours are affecting your view of life.

Life is however an amazing thing, something we should cherish.

Try working hard on a positive attitude, regardless of circumstance...and watch things get better!

Best always.

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »

Thanks Terry. You are inspirational to me, but it isn't like I'm not trying. I work my ass off constantly to try getting ahead, but all I get for it are more headaches.

To continue with the ending of my OP this thread:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38538068/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43 001

The all out take over is coming. Better convert and start facing Mecca now, before it is too late.
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

YZ

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »

Adam,

I sympathize with your personal situation.

I wish that given your current situation you at least had access to decent public health care in case you need it, we know how expensive private medicine can be.

On the mosque subject, which is something _completely_ different, all I have to say is:

They have the right to build it there.
Which does _not_ mean that they should exert such right.

A good society is built on respect for other people's beliefs and sensibilities; in this particular case, let us respect the Muslim's beliefs and they should respect the sensibilities of the non-Muslims.

OTOH, it would be quite interesting if that mosque had in its fa
regards,

YZ

RSettee

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »

A few years back, I had a really bad string of luck. REALLY bad. I'd got t-boned in the driver's side door of my '84 Cutlass (loved that car--fixed up like a muscle car) after a guy had gone through a red light and totalled my car (I was unhurt, thankfully); a string of bad day jobs where i'd worked hard and thought that i'd given 150 percent for what I felt was a small percentage of that in return; music seemed to conspire against me (trouble finding a great band, I was trying but nothing was happening, felt my skills were being wasted, etc); a couple of people close to me had died; someone punched the locks on my new car; I was in pretty bad debt, etc.

All of that is reversed now....maybe it was just time, or maybe it was just making some better decisions. I liked to think that my decisions at the time were great, but I look back and have issues with alot of the choices that i'd made then. Some of that stuff, though--just the luck issues--there really was a black cloud following me, and sometimes one is just a little bit too early for something, or a little bit too late.

I dunno, the best that I can say is that some people don't deserve the luck or fate that they're given, and the best thing to do is to soldier on through it. Hang in there, because the bright side is this--if you're at a low point, it can only get better. I still have some of my problems, but I can manage them. One day the luck will change and i'll have to deal with obstacles, but if you're willing to have different game plans, things can always change. And sometimes they have to--the only constant is change, and we all have to adapt to it....things that were unexpected that we don't necessarily know how to handle.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 12:21

Is it just me, or has mere existence in the world become such an ordeal that it isn't

worth the hassle? I wake up, and wonder whats going to go wrong today, that will cost

payment. If I did, game over. Seems though just to live and breathe today I need at

getting the utilities, and few payments I do have paid, saving little to nothing as

there isn't anything left to save usually in a typical week. However if I do get some

happens to drain it all and then some. Is life supposed be like this? What is the

point? The government wants their end too, and I don't have it. I have to borrow

money just to get back to work after this last disaster. Retirement is never going to

happen for me I know. Then there are those that want all us infidels dead anyway

who are going to be taking over the entire world in the not too distant future I

expect, based on birth rate statistics. They're imported but then, that gives us a new

war later, right here. So, thats a plus, right? EDIT: In the USA. Europe I understand is

One word.

VOTE.

Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Hallams

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »

I went through a very difficult season in life a few years back and one of the most difficult aspects was the reality of being alone in it. Even close friends who can help to an extent still didn't seem to aleviate the sence of being alone. Something that helped me a lot was to not look too much at the big picture issues i could do nothing about, exept vote. I deliberatley thought about and sought out the things that feed me and so to speak, feed my soul. My own guitar playing was something that was healing for me, a walk in the bush of an evening, fixing up a cheap small boat and going fishing. Part of this was also simply learning how to breathe deeply and relax by slowing down all the thoughts in my head. I just had to make a point of stopping once in a while and letting it all go. My little motto was" Life is amazing and good but some seasons are very hard and challenging. Finances were tight and responsibilities with my family of six children were big, but these simple small things got me through and in fact opened doors for a more positive direction as the season passed. One mate advised me to roll with the punches when i confided in him. Not real good advise as he lacked compassion but it is esential to be flexible and avoid being brittle in your person.......we break more easily when we are brittle. I also had to make a point of being easy on myself and those around me.
Hope this helps a bit Adam.
Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:48:27 PM »

I have no problem with Muslims, though how do you know you can trust any one of them? How do we know that every single one that you know of in their convenience stores they own and work in here isn't funding terrorism? It's the 500,000-1.5 million possible, Muslim extremists/terrorists who would rather see ordinary normal people like myself dead just because we aren't Muslim/Muslim extremist/terrorists that I have a problem with. War over oil or religion is just plain stupid. I also have a problem with the US government. It has been funding, training, and arming it's own enemies for decades. It is totally out of control, and I believe unrecoverable at this point. We in the US are just a bank for it to fund whatever it wants to do.The head changes only in appearance, but the body keeps churning out debt and war, for the people to pay for. Just saying.

YZ wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 18:37

Adam,

I sympathize with your personal situation.

I wish that given your current situation you at least had access to decent public health care in case you need it, we know how expensive private medicine can be.

On the mosque subject, which is something _completely_ different, all I have to say is:

They have the right to build it there.
Which does _not_ mean that they should exert such right.

A good society is built on respect for other people's beliefs and sensibilities; in this particular case, let us respect the Muslim's beliefs and they should respect the sensibilities of the non-Muslims.

OTOH, it would be quite interesting if that mosque had in its fa
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 19:17

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 12:21

One word.

VOTE.

Make the vote a popular one and voting makes sense. When the popular vote loses an election the government scam, likely for the sake of itself, is on to keep the machine going all snake like. Ring any bells?
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »

Thanks Terry, Ryan, and Chris for the encouragement and kind words and whatnot, and thanks to everyone here for the shoulder to cry on that puts up with me.

I agree with you Bill, vote, but we need a better system that can't fail us, and or start using checks and balances again, which we aren't using obviously. Actually, I think it's about time to do a complete reboot, chop chop like. Clean slate.
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

arconaut

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58:59 PM »

It's NOT a mosque.

Read Mayor Bloomberg's statement:

http://home.nyc.gov/portal/site/nycgov/menuitem.c0935b9a57bb 4ef3daf2f1c701c789a0/index.jsp?pageID=mayor_press_release&am p;catID=1194&doc_name=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.nyc.gov%2Fhtml%2 Fom%2Fhtml%2F2010b%2Fpr337-10.html&cc=unused1978&rc= 1194&ndi=1

You Are Number Six

Ryan Slowey

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

I feel you man.

In a rut myself these days. The past 10 months or so have been epically trying. Financially, I've never felt so helpless in my life. I work a deadend job where no raises are given, and yet the organization spends millions without any thought given to the people that make it function on a day-to-day basis. My union actually voted AGAINST raises, yet they have no qualms sucking $20 out of every one of my paychecks. I live paycheck to paycheck, have zero savings, debt....

The worst part, is that I'm trapped, because I absolutely need the health insurance.

Meanwhile, I can't afford to pay rent, and my phone bill, and my student loans, so I've racked up a ton of credit card debt (for me anyway) just to get by.

I know that feeling of aloneness. I have great friends, and the most wonderful lady you could ever ask for, but I still feel like it's me against the world. I get angry, sad....scared.

BUT, I have a really great band that I love, and am getting more recording gigs. Shit, I've even partnered up with a close friend, and will finally have a real place to record music soon. Still though, there's a cloud floating above me from time-to-time, and I'm always wondering when it's going to start raining on me again.

I can't help but think things HAVE to get better from here.

When I get really low, my SG is always there to soak it up.

Chin up brother.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

My music: http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

compasspnt

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 21:55

Make the vote a popular one and voting makes sense.

Most elections are determined by the popular vote.

There is a reason that the Presidential election is not, however.

The US is a Republic made up of states, and the Founders made an intensive study into how to best keep both the majority AND the minority as safe and prosperous, and as represented, as possible. Not to mention the dichotomy between short term and long term interests.

No system is perfect of course, and many things have now become somewhat skewed. Indeed the system of checks and balances between the states and the federal government, and amongst the three (supposedly) co-equal branches of government, often seem out of whack.

Try reading The Federalist Papers as well as "Democracy In America" by deToqueville.

Tom L

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »

I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Perspective and priorities.

Career shifts, massive debt, a divorce, my dad passed away last week....we all have our trials and no one can or should compare.  I find peace focusing on things that are most important to me.  My beautiful daughter, my amazing fianc

Bill_Urick

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 08:38:37 PM »

Adam, sorry to have been a bit terse before. Just didn't have much time at the time...

Through my dark period I was very fortunate to have a best friend to go to when things were particularly bad.
I hope that you have someone like that. If not, I'm sure someone here, myself included, would be more than happy to be available if you need someone to talk to.

Platitudes and pep talks sometime aren't very helpful.
Sometimes you just have to trudge through though one day at a time even while believing that nothing can change except perhaps to get worse.

But change is inevitable and something positive will occur, even if just due to the law of averages. You'll never know unless you hang in there.

As for the political stuff...

Nothing wrong with the Electoral College.
Sometimes it lines up with the popular vote, sometimes not.
No big whoop as long as the rules are always the same.

And Bloomberg's a dick.

But in addition to doing everything possible to destroy the private sector, cripple the economy and expand the federal government into every aspect of our lives, everyone sees this administration and their accomplices constantly apologising to and for the religion that is bent on conquering and enslaving the world. No exaggeration. That's their stated objective.

The president will fly off the handle and accuse a cop or an entire state of racism but tell us not to rush to judgement when Major Hasan guns down 43 unarmed US soldiers. (13 killed, 30 wounded)

And Bloomberg's "25 cent" guess to Katie Couric as to who tried to set off the car bomb in Times Square was that it was someone "unhappy about the healthcare bill".

When the truth comes out it's always painted as an isolated incident. Just some nut. Not terrorism.

But everyone sees this.

They got power, they got cocky, and they took off the mask.

The only problem is IF the Republicans get back in power, how long before the Washington country-club syndrome kicks in and we're right back where we started.

The Dems may be evil incarnate, but the Reps tend to be fat and lazy and devoid of conviction and balls. Way too concerned about being "liked" by people who will never like them.

So maybe that's the answer, Adam.
Don't be sad, be PISSED OFF.
We might not be able to change anything long term this November, but at least we can punish these bastards a little.

Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up