R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Benny Hinn Bats A Thousand  (Read 13096 times)

Larrchild

Re: Benny Hinn Bats A Thousand
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 10:33:58 PM »

I'm waiting here to join the punfest. Just Challah.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

bblackwood

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »

Wireline wrote on Wed, 04 August 2010 20:13

We knead to stop.

Before we all end up in (sigh)

Leaven-worth

Props here.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Barry Hufker

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 11:53:34 PM »

The end is plane.

PookyNMR

Re: Bats, A Thousand...
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 01:25:46 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 04 August 2010 13:32

If I see a danger - material, physical, spiritual - it is my duty to myself and to anyone else who cares to listen, to warn them of it.  They can then decide for themselves the actual nature of the danger to see if it poses any threat to themselves.

Over the years I have examined Benny closely.  I have observed his motives and his methods.  I believe him to be a spiritual danger, especially to a certain group of people who are easily caught up in showmanship.  It is however for others to decide what is right for themselves.

I will not however show patience or gentleness to a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Again, however, he is not suffering one bit because of me.

I agree that this fellow is unscrupulous in some of his tactics and presents a threat to what could be the genuine faith of those who can't see through some of his serious short comings.

I think this fellow is beyond rebuke - or certainly would not accept it from any average joe like you and I.  So in this case, yes a patient gentle rebuke is not the point, thought it could be in a general sense denote an overall demeanor we take towards any person in error.

My concern is how we act / speak about such people.  One thing we can learn from 2 Timothy is that the world is watching us constantly.  Our every action is a witness as to whether or not the gospel transforms lives.  Our actions particularly when faced with some sort of adversity are always of keen interest -> how are we going to react?  Are our reactions going to line up with what we profess?  Does this Jesus stuff work to change people to react differently?  My point is that even when speaking of the poor actions of another, that we show grace - not for their sake, but for our own and for the others who observe us.  Because for most, the only Jesus a lot of people will know (before the grave) is the one they see in the faces of you, me and other followers.

That's my conversational tid bit.

Peace.
Nathan Rousu

Barry Hufker

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:35 AM »

Another excellent point.  Frankly if Benny Hinn were pointed out to Jesus I believe his response would be "Don't worry about it. It all gets sorted out in the end."  Which, if true that he would say that, is fair enough.  That's his call.

I am willing to show grace where I believe it to be warranted.  But in an unbelieving world, I don't want anyone for one second to think (all)Christians believe this is "real" or should be tolerated.  I want it declared anathema loudly and clearly.  Patience and gentleness can often be taken for tacit approval.  

I am comfortable in my skin saying these things.  And tho' God may speak differently to me (one day), I believe I can stand before God having said them.  If I sin (which I don't believe to be the case) then I sin boldly for what I believe to be a good reason.  And God is powerful enough to make good come out of my "bad" example.

C.Cash

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:07 AM »

Hinn came to the Bahamas a few years ago and left with millions.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Barry Hufker

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »

of Bahamians???

That must have been awkward.

C.Cash

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

Yes, especially with our population being less than 400K.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

ssltech

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »

It's a Festivus MIRACLE!

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID3040/slideshows/festivus_airing_of_grievances_header.jpg
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

PookyNMR

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Thu, 05 August 2010 06:11

I am willing to show grace where I believe it to be warranted.  But in an unbelieving world, I don't want anyone for one second to think (all)Christians believe this is "real" or should be tolerated.  I want it declared anathema loudly and clearly.  Patience and gentleness can often be taken for tacit approval.

I thoroughly agree.  It's grievous that anyone (who doesn't know better) should think that this represents Jesus / Christianity.

When I use the words 'grace' or 'patience and gentleness', I'm not at all advocating that we do nothing.  We can speak out, but doing so in a way that reflects the Jesus we preach.
Nathan Rousu

Barry Hufker

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:47 PM »

And I feel that I am.

When was Benny Hinn discussed here before I brought this up?

And you and I have certainly had a good discussion about it all.

But I'm good where I am.

Wireline

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »

I have always admired his coif
Ken Morgan
Wireline Studio
Midland, Texas
www.wirelinestudio.com

PookyNMR

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Thu, 05 August 2010 10:20

And I feel that I am.

When was Benny Hinn discussed here before I brought this up?

And you and I have certainly had a good discussion about it all.

But I'm good where I am.

It was this that caught me a little off guard.

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 02 August 2010 19:09

Frankly, I'd just like to make the observation that (IMO) Benny Hinn is a lying, cheating, son of a bitch and let it go at that.

I don't want to belabor the point any longer.  I like you, I think you're a fine fellow and great to converse with.  I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just ask some questions and put some ideas out there.  I just am glad this thread has stayed away from going down the wrong road, which it could have easily done.

Peace.
Nathan Rousu

Barry Hufker

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »

Yeah, I can see how that went to the edge -- the "lying, cheating" part... Oh.  The other part.  Well The Lord calls people vipers so let's go with that.

All the best, Nathan.

Barry

Wireline

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »

On the other hand, I most certainly believe in the power of faith when it comes to healing the human body and spirit.  What I do not believe is those who are healed on cue.
Ken Morgan
Wireline Studio
Midland, Texas
www.wirelinestudio.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.