R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Centro fans-SIgn petiton 2 get Centro-matic on Dallas radio  (Read 1547 times)

Brandi

Centro fans-SIgn petiton 2 get Centro-matic on Dallas radio
« on: August 12, 2004, 07:19:22 PM »

Hi. I'm in the DFW/Denton  metroplex and have started a petiton to get the local talent like Centro-matic, the Old 97's, Little Grizzly and other great bands actually played on 102.1 the Edge, Dallas' only new rock station left. If you'd rather hear Will and the boys play their tunes rather than hear Kidrock, Korn, or Creed on the air, then please feel free to sign the petition @ http://www.thispostisspam.com . Centro-matic are talented, nice, and are just a bunch of great guys and it would be nice to hear them played on Dallas radio rather than once in a blue moon on specialty shows. People are quick to complain about radio yet do nothing about it. Well, now here is your chance.

mogwailoveyou

Re: Centro fans-SIgn petiton 2 get Centro-matic on Dallas radio
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 07:21:08 PM »

never!!! i refuse to allow clearchannel to get their greedy money hungry hands all over my favorite band. There is no reason that someone who would truly appreciate their music would find about it from kdge!! it's not that i want will and the gang to be starving artists but seriously now... the edge?? give em the old '97's rhet's more cut out for the radio kinda thing anyways. there's plenty of bands that fit well on the edge, (perhaps [daryl]) and tons of emo bands... centro-matic on the other hand is not part of that case, they already get tons of "word of mouth" opening for kweller every time he comes in, plus with them opening for my morning jacket and not to mention the nod in maxim (haha oh yes i read maxim). what fan of neo-americana (for lack of a better term for the band) is going to listen to the edge anyways???!!! sorry about the rant I know you're a fan, but just think about a world full of girls in urban outfitters wearing centro-matic shirts in trucker hats and mini skirts talking about how they loooovvveee flashes and cables and how they sound like a cross between modest mouse and the flaming lips... *shudders*
mogwai love you and need you

trexrox

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 09:09:31 PM »

mogwailoveyou wrote on Fri, 13 August 2004 19:21

but just think about a world full of girls in urban outfitters wearing centro-matic shirts in trucker hats and mini skirts talking about how they loooovvveee flashes and cables and how they sound like a cross between modest mouse and the flaming lips... *shudders*

Now change that to:
...but just think about a world full of girls in urban outfitters wearing <no> shirts in trucker hats and mini skirts talking about how they loooovvveee blah blah blah blah blah who cares...blahblah...hehehe

But seriously I thought the original post was bordering SPAM.  But I'm no moderator, so it's not up to me, though, it doesn't bother me either way...

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 11:07:13 PM »

now that's more like it! Cool  let's leave centro-matic out of this... I went to her site and the sad part is there's about 200 signatures... thank god that's not nearly enough to change the beast (clearchannel). i wonder what will johnson would have to say about all of this?
mogwai love you and need you

j.hall

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 10:15:54 AM »

uh......................what the.....

every time, with out fail, when i'm locked away in a dark studio for days on end tracking a record.....my forum gets spammed

sorry guys, i wasn't around, i had VERY little time to even check my voice mails.

i came here once, and didn't even look around that long

topic locked, i'll allow it to sink to the bottom

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.