R/E/P > Acoustics in Motion

Who measures the measurement mic?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Larrchild:
The gated pulse I use for FFT tests seems to like about 1 microsecond to get the highs and lows flat. Is this similar?

bruno putzeys:
It's shorter than that, which may explain why the electronics got nonlinear. 6dB per octave out to a couple of hundred kHz = loud...

Larrchild:
I notice constant directivity horns require a 6dB/ oct boost. Stick it in the throat of a CD Horn, lol.

Bogic Petrovic:
lol... i post reply in different thread about needs for precise compensation files for measurement microphones... but you already find a way  
Thanks for a recipe

This is a way to measure relative frequency response, but how to  accurate measure microphone sensitivity?

For low end response measurement (below 500Hz) there is a method described by Alex Khenkin from Earthworks and practicaly released by Dr. Ivo Mateljan in   http://www.fesb.hr/~mateljan/arta/AppNotes/AP5_MikroMeasCham ber-Rev03Eng.pdf

regards

boggy

bruno putzeys:
The most reliable way of calibrating a microphone's absolute sensitivity is a pistonphone. It's pretty much what Mateljan does, except that the piston is driven by a rotor with a precisely defined ellipse-shaped actuator attached. This insures that the exact excursion is directly determined by the construction, instead of calculated electroacoustically.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version