R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does any consensus notion of "reality" (i.e. the physical world) affect your recordings?  (Read 1418 times)

breathe

I feel fucking pumped.  I'm developing a theory of recording where everything I do in sound presentation has to involve my perception of the physical world.  Albini's stuff has been a big influence on me.  Do you try to make recordings that reflect the physical world?  Does the physical world have any bearing on your creative intentions, or are you liberated from it?

Nicholas

rankus

breathe wrote on Mon, 19 July 2010 17:31

Does the physical world have any bearing on your creative intentions

Never.  I want my stuff to sound good and to stand up to modern aesthetics... There is very little reality out there these days.

That said many peeps have said my work sounds very real, or "natural" ... go figure.

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

nCole

breathe wrote on Mon, 19 July 2010 19:31

I'm developing a theory of recording where everything I do in sound presentation has to involve my perception of the physical world.  

Can you explain your developing theory?

Tim Halligan

"Real is good.
Interesting is better"

Stanley Kubrick.

Cheers,
Tim
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters

Hank Alrich

Is real interesting better yet?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.